Saw a strange looking S-Series the other day

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Saw a strange looking S-Series the other day

Post by AZS10Crew »

I was driving home from work and saw this pewter and primer S-10 coming to the intersection from the left. I first noticed how close the front of the bed was to the rear tires and thought it was a crew cab. But when I looked further up I noticed it had an extended cab front half. I had to do a double and triple take to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I'm not sure what frame they used to make this possible, maybe a regular cab I guess. We were going opposite directions so I didn't have a chance to get any pics with my phone, but hopefully I'll see him around town again. Just thought that was kind of an interesting setup. :?
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

There is a guy on another forum that took and extra cab and extended the frame to add crew cab doors. He used the cc bed too. It's a very long truck.. That gives him 5 doors...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Maybe a regular cab frame with changing the body mounts?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:Maybe a regular cab frame with changing the body mounts?
That's kind of what I assumed. It would probably make a really good trail rig with the short wheel base and SFA, and you get the room for gear inside with the extra cab space.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]