Floor Jacks

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Floor Jacks

Post by bradjh »

What brand floor jacks are you using to lift the crew? I have had 3 in the last 2 years all broken. I do not use them to support the truck i have jack stands i had a 3 ton craftsman and a 2 1/4 craftsman and a 3 ton roush racing $68 from local sams club that lifted the highest and lasted the longest. I dont want to spend a ton just want to be able to work on the crew.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I have a low profile 3.5 ton "Fast and Furious" NAPA Floor Jack.
Works great for everything I do.
I got a good price as thanks for displaying my car at their local grand opening.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I'm currently using a 10 year old blue Arcan 3.5 ton low lift floor jack that was purchased @ Costco for about $60. Even though this jack is 10 years old, it still performs flawlessly like it was new. Costco is now selling another Arcan Professional 4 ton floor jack for about $100 that offers more lift capacity at a lower lift point. I have not used or seen another jack under $200 that performs better than the Arcan jacks! :wink:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have a three yr old POS Chinese Craftsman 3 ton that leaks and goes up diagonally.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I have one just like it. I don't know why I never threw it out. I even have to put the wheels back on it before attempting to use it before I pitch it in the corner. Perhaps if I took the time to tighten the nuts, I wouldn't need to do it. Just can't bring myself to pitch it. I have a large floor jack that was given to me from Discount Tire. It never did work. But it's too big to just trash.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DLP wrote:................I have a large floor jack that was given to me from Discount Tire. It never did work. But it's too big to just trash.
Wash it off, tape a Free sign on it, set it by the curb/street and it will disappear within a day. Current wife taught me that one. I would never have believed it but, it works every time and I don't live where there is a bunch of traffic. :?:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

I have a 3 ton floor jack from Husky.(home depot) DO NOT BUY ONE!! :lol:
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

The price of scrap is going back up. Have to throw them in the trailer and wstart saving for a trip to the salvage yard.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]