clear turn signals/parking lights, and fog lights...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

clear turn signals/parking lights, and fog lights...

Post by fallvitals »

Hey guys.. I showed my girlfriend a few things on ebay I wanted to get for my truck, Im not sure if she bought the correc things... what i showed her was a general item I wanted and not the exact thing. Had I known she was gonna save those links and get em for my birthday I would have done more research first.

I think the taillights she got me is fine. But che got me a set of clear turn signals/parking lights.

My problem, is My Crew Cab has fog lights. i searched ebay, and didnt see one set of clear turn signals that work with the fog lights, or are smade "shorter" to work beside the existing fog light.

Im sure she has a non-compatable one ordered.... do they even make a fog light compatable clear turn signal? I googled it,, and ebayed it, but no luck...

edit, i found one set on ebay that works with the fog lights, but of course it is 2X the ammount as the ones she ordered... :twisted:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mine are APC , but I am pretty sure they are no longer produced.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I found a few APC items, no turn signals, and those are pricey! ill do some more searching later. Heres the set I found on ebay... if I can't find any thing I guess those will be my only choice....

eBay link

But i think the seller she bought ti from will take em back, so that will give me about $35 towards those... oh well... if it aint one thing its 50.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Dumb question, that ebay link above, it says that turn signal is for an s-10 Blazer. Im sure it fits the s10 pickup just as well, right?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nope, Blazer tails are different. Has to be a truck.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I'm not for shure but I would think it is the same. It looks the same. The only thing that won't work are the tails.
The link you show above is for turn with fogs. Yes they should be the same.
And my I add. Not to call you a kid but it is so good to see you working on your own truck. Kids today don't seem to do any thing like that.
keep up the good work...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I think the turn signals are the same. I did a part diagram search on GMpartsdirect, different diagrams, parts were the same. Priced exactly the same. They just don't give you an item number to compare...

But searching ebay, those bumper lights, stock or aftermarket, lots of em say they fit the s10 PU/blazer. So, seems good to go. I also emailed the seller to ask just in case...

Thanks for the compliment Jongo... though the kid thing is annoying, lol. I guess in a few years ill like comments like that, lol! I think I just look wayyyy young for my age. Ill be 24 June 11. but still look 19. But thanks for saying so. If I can sound old, "Kids these days" are d-u-m dumb. Lazy and the sad part for 90% of em, its not their fault. Its their parents. I was out the other night, about 12:30am, and saw a couple 12-14 year olds out skating, and my first thought is where are their parents?

I went to the Dog track not too long ago, wasnt there but 15 minutes, and was stopped, and ided by four different guards! one, an older lady, looked at my ID, looked at me, looked back at my ID, asked how old I was, I answered, 23. She just said wow. Have a nice one. lol. But by the 4th guard I was a bit aggitated... lol.

But dad has always worked on his own stuff. Every thing that we can do ourselves we do. Here recently, I have learned dry walling, some plumbing, lots of junk.

But Ill tell ya what guys, im thinking I need to take the jetski out this week :)
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Kid mite not of been the right word but I'm 47 so to me you are a kid. Not dumb or anything like that. Just younger than me.. lol. You are a smart kid in my book. It just makes me feel good to see you doing your own work... you have a nice looking truck too.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The front signals are the same. You are correct. It is the tails that differ. I was posting from an Ipod and didn't see your link correctly.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Geeze Brule is more high tech then me, I didnt know you could do anything more then listen to music on an IPOD! lol.

Lol, thanks for the compliment Jongo. I didn't take it as dumb or anything fyi. Its still kinda "flattering".

Speaking of tail lights, My girlfriend ordered a set of those, they are like Euros but black with red red light and whtie reverse, should look slick on a black truck. The ad says they fit 94-2001 only. Which I know thats a typo for some reason. She was freaked that she might have bought the wrong one.

BTW, she isnt too ebay savy, she screwed up, and actually DIDNT order those clear turn signals, when she thought she did. (I dont know. its a woman thing apperantly) So, No worrys about having to return em and that junk.. but im gonna have to pay $95 for the fog light ones...