Hood Ornaments?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Hood Ornaments?

Post by F9K9 »

Mine just won't stay centered on the hood! :x

He is ever vigilant for a wandering duck!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea but if you work at it he could become a pretty cool car alarm. Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gawd, I don't need him to pick up that sound. He has the microwave and telephone down pat as it is. Besides making false runs to both he has got her ankle bitters down pat, as well. I can't count the times I have woke them out of a sound sleep to put them out when the feathered t*rd tricked me. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

To think, I can't keep birds from crapping all over my truck, and all you want to do is mount one too it! :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

fallvitals wrote:To think, I can't keep birds from crapping all over my truck, and all you want to do is mount one too it! :lol:
I never dreamed in my wildest thoughts that I would like one of the nasty things. She wanted an African Grey all her life, I got her one and the devil ended up bonding with me. He has to go where ever I go in the house. Follows me like a puppy.....lmao
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Get yourself an eye patch and a peg leg. Then all you need is a good Pirate name, you already have the bird for your shoulder.
Last edited by HenryJ on Mon May 25, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Get yourself an eye patch and a peg leg.
Get into your "super detailed mode" for next spring. I already sprung the news to my boss and she didn't blink! :wink:

Then again I have screwed with her pool for 3 days and met a shrub with a tap root larger underground than it was above ground, ruined one recovery strap, dug holes in the yard with the CC and the heep with it's 4:1 4 low. Finally took the nifty sawzall that you educated me about and terminated the sucker. :lol:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Aaarrrr me harty! Me thinks ya need to teach the foul bird to scream like one o them eagle birds. (so as to scare away the ducks) lmao PS: A little strategically placed super glue on the brush guard would keep the "ornament" centered. :wink:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:...........Me thinks ya need to teach the foul bird to scream like one o them eagle birds....................
Trust me on the fact that he has allot of sayings that he has picked up on his own. Nothing that I would be afraid to have Brule's Tach hear but, it is amazing what they come up with. The latest that he put together on his own is "C'mon Jarhead buddy, where are you going?"ImageImageImageImage
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

There's one way to keep him centered...

http://www.taxidermy.net/

8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Afraid Reed would be found anchored to the bottom of his new pool by a selection of automotive parts should the bird come to harm.
"Honest I don't know what happened maybe he was using it as a parts washer???" (Mrs. to the PD when they arrive).
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Stuffed bird! Clever idea. But on the serious side, I have actually had thoughts about putting a hood ornamnet on mine. Really love the old Pontiac indian chiefs and got one on ebay that is near mint. But mentioned it to my sons, laid it up on the hood, and they haven't stopped laughing yet. And this was about 6 months ago. They too young, don't even know what a hood ornament is. Project on hold!
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Might actually be somewhat cool if, you think it has a chance of not being ripped off. I can't recall which recent car show I saw on TV, probable NYC because it was on Fox. They had a Rolls Royce, hit a button, a door slid open, their usually ornament popped up. Button was hit again and it lowered out of sight and the door slid closed. It had suicide doors doors and had an umbrella compartment that was in the front fender. Fox and I agreed on the fact that if, it was our car, someone would greet us with an umbrella when we arrived anyway. :lol:
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Hood ornaments have gone the way of carburators and drum brakes. Government regulations require any hood ornament to either break away on light contact, or be spring loaded to give way if a person comes in contact with one of them. The last ones I remember were on the late 70s or early 80s full size cars. Reed, yours isn't too bad looking.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hope your bird doesn't do what a friend's did. He and his girlfriend moved and the bird got so upset it plucked all (and I DO mean ALL) it's own feathers out. HELL of a sight! Naked bird sitting on a kitchen low door looking pitiful.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rlrnr53 wrote:............. Reed, yours isn't too bad looking.
Thanks, Bro! I needed a little distraction from Brule's question.

My wife, Sue, always wanted one. She worked with a nurse who's hubby raised several species of birds which requires hand feeding on 2 hr intervals when young. Regional price here is 2-3K. She is a good partner and I scored the devil for 500 green backs. I researched a little but, because he had bonded with my wife's gf's hubby, I was in deep sh*t from the start. He prefers men and so, I was selected. I was in trouble from day one. All I hear is " I wanted an African Grey all my life" and he just likes you! :cry:

A bird was not high on my list of priorities. Been a dog handler and trainer for what seems forever. He snuck in and his ability to create his own phrases is pretty cool. If, he knows I am home and he is not in the same room with me, he crawls down and finds me. He gives english commands to her 2 ankle biting pos Pekingnese muts and tells my female German Shepard to down and stay while he is enroute.

Hopefully I can document all of this eventually.

Everytime I sneak a camera around him, he becomes a deaf mute. :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:Hope your bird doesn't do what a friend's did. He and his girlfriend moved and the bird got so upset it plucked all (and I DO mean ALL) it's own feathers out. HELL of a sight! Naked bird sitting on a kitchen low door looking pitiful.
I missed that post while typing. Yes, these things are high maintenance. Tons of problems and few vets that specialize. Closest experts to us are the University of TN and Louisville. Both between 90 and 110 miles from us. I have built a larger crash kit for that bird than I had for a working dog or a human.

Truly a silly pet to own! A mere unnoticed blood feather broken will empty him of the precious fluid in hrs. With my track record concerning birds, I hope that you understand that I do what I must out of love and respect.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Careful Reed! This bird with all it's commands may be a CIA agent infiltrating your house to take over and off ya. lmao
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is a conspiracy! I knew all the bird flu scare was just a rouse! Beware the coup! (or is that coo? ;) )

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:It is a conspiracy! I knew all the bird flu scare was just a rouse! Beware the coup! (or is that coo? ;) )
That devil! He promised me the bird thing was diverted! :lol:

roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Now one of them would be (ugh) interesting as a hood ornament on your CC Reed. lol