Flash floods wipe out road, overcome Jeeps in Moab

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Flash floods wipe out road, overcome Jeeps in Moab

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Wow... I never knew a flash flood was so.. sudden. Maybe thats an out west thing.

I could love to go out there sometime. Looks like an amazing place.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb: Thanks for sharing. Pretty cool footage.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

fallvitals wrote:Wow... I never knew a flash flood was so.. sudden.............
Hence the term "flash"

I like you and that is why I fool with you here. :D You are a very capable young man. You might want to think about posting something like this on other forums. I do not want to think about the results if, you posted this on Pirate. :lol: No biggee, you are among friends here.

Just don't lay something down that has such a readily accessible "handle" on it.

You are good to go here, though. We just are here to assist each other.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I thought it was interesting, Brule. Floods was last on my list of concerns when we were there in Oct.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

lol, ouch.

What I meant was here in WV, I'm sure its the same on KY, it can flood fast, especially up those hollers, and it doesn't take much But I have never heard of a flash flood that consisted of a wall of water, like a tsunami, around here. Seems like it might be an out west thing? Or maybe I'm still lacking in weather terminology. :lol:

Crazy stuff either way. Definantly wouldn't want to be stalled out in a creek when it hit!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

No harm, no foul. I could not put flood and Moab and make a sentence until today. I couldn't of thought to yell "flash flood" like that father did. The kids heard, recognized and took action. Pretty cool success story all around but, someone lost a horse that may have been a good friend.

Then again, (returning to my dark side) it was a rental. :wink: :wink:
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

f9k9 wrote:
Then again, (returning to my dark side) it was a rental. :wink: :wink:
:hehe: