Disconnected Sway Bar Pictures Needed

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Disconnected Sway Bar Pictures Needed

Post by killian96ss »

I am currently designing some "real" sway bar quick disconnects and I need some pictures from you guys. I need 2 photos of a CC sway bar disconnected and swung forward. I would like 1 photo of a stock CC (no BL or SL), and 1 photo of CC with a 2" BL. Both pictures need to have the sway bar disconnected and swung as far forward as it will go. I need the CC photos so that I can make some quick disconnects that will fit all 94-05 S10's including the ones that have a 2" BL. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. :wink: :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Is a "real" disco not like Jeremy's? I just unhooked, swung them forward and used whatever, size furniture leg cap that Brule recommended, to cap my 1st gen tow hooks and was "good to go". That method worked well for 100 miles and 3 days in Moab.

I don't see how the design can be improved. I would like to see a way to reconnect and tighten them down further without the aid of tools.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Most of the quick disconnects on the market for other vehicles use rod ends and pins which works ok, but all of them have rattling problems except 1 design that included a lever for preloading the bushings that I really liked. Peloading the bushings is the biggest challenge when designing a swar bar disconnect. I have researched every design out there and have to say the one with the preload lever is the only nice quick disconnect I have come across. I'm not sure if the guy has a patent or not so we are going to create our own unique version.

I am working with a good friend who has been a machinist for 15 years and his father who has been a mechanical engineer for the past 30 years. They have both come up with a few very nice designs that are unlike anything on the market. If 1 of these prototypes goes into production we are most likely going to apply for a patent due to the unique design.

We are also working on a mechanical quick disconnect sway bar similar to the electric version currently offered on the Dodge Power Ram and the newer Jeep JK.

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

killian96ss wrote:Most of the quick disconnects on the market for other vehicles use rod ends and pins which works ok, but all of them have rattling problems except 1 design.........
I am extremely pleased with the JKS Quicker Disconnects for the Rubi. Once they are adjusted properly it's easy to disco and reattach. A few complain about getting grease on their hands but, that's what shop towels are for. I wipe them down after I service them. They seem to be silent, at least, to me.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Those are nice, and one of the better designs out there, but that type of discopnnect will not work on an S10 due to the different mounting points. The S10 end links are also very short which creates more problems. :roll:

Steve