Been a while...Crewcab gets a cousin.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Been a while...Crewcab gets a cousin.

Post by Torskdoc »

Between surgery on my neck, and other things it's been since last summer.

Anyway, I get up this morning and go outside to do an oilchange on the crewcab. There's an envelope taped to the door from my dad. Inside was the Title to his 95 Jimmy. I look up and it's sitting in the driveway behind the Crewcab. WTF??? :shock: I looked closer at the title and it was signed over to me. The note attached said, "Have fun", Dad. :woohoo:

So I called him up and said WHAT THE HECK is going on??? He traded in his Buick on a Subaru Forester (mom had a whole lot to do with it.) and figured he wasn't gonna get much for the Jimmy, and knowing I like the S-series, gave me the Jimmy. Thanks Dad.

Wife said, I HATE the Crewcab, but Like the Jimmy :?: . "'We'll sell the Grand Am, and we can keep the Jimmy."

98,000 miles, SLT, FULL LEATHER, COLD A/C, everything works.

Life is good.

Larry

Image[/url]
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Wow, thats pretty efin awesome! Looks like its in great shape also.

As for your wife hating the CC but liking the Jimmy... they are woman! Are you really still trying to figure em out? And your married! :lol:

Hope you are doing better after all those surgeries.

Congrats!
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

I quit trying to figure her out 25 years ago, on our 2nd anniversary. Our oldest son was born on our 1st anniv. So she says, I want to go out this year. I said " we went out last year". "I was having Andy last year". Says I, That's out ain't it?"

Fryin pans, knick knacks, etc. went flyin. If she could throw it, I think the 83 S-Blazer we had at the time would have joined in too.

Surgeries not too bad. Had 2 discs in my neck removed, grafted, and plated. 9 weeks post op now. It was kinda touchy right after the holidays. Had another 2 coronary angioplasties back to back. Anything to keep from having another Bypass. THAT HURT!!!

She's always been partial to the Blazer/Jimmy. This is the 3rd one in 26 years along with a 92 extended cab and the '02 Crewcab. We've had an 83 2dr., a 90 2 dr. and now the 95 Jimmy. HOT DOG!

Now I gotta find out what's with the miss in the crewcab. That's for another post.

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

Thats very cool!!! :rock:

If you or anybody else knows of someone here in mid TN that wants to drop off a s-series with title, send 'em my way. :lol:
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Congrats!

That's gift that has monetary value...hopefully
the prez ain't gonna send you a tax bill on that...

Jus shuckin and jivin with ya!

Major blessing to get a nice ride like that and
not have to pay fer it...
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]