Boats

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

What do you have for a boat, fishing or skiing? Where do you take it?
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

DLP wrote:What do you have for a boat, fishing or skiing? Where do you take it?
Spring has sprung...
Older Bayliner. We knee board, fish, camp and explore. Lake Owyhee. Owyhee Reservoir.

Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Looks like fun. We do a little fishing with our boat. My brother has a bigger boat that we ski and tube behind. Lots of water here in Michigan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/ ... 0_5094.jpg
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like a nice combination. :mg:

These are a few pictures from our last weekend run to the lake: Facebook album

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jflatley
Crew
Crew

Post by jflatley »

I have an old 19' MFG. It is from the 60s probably. We are over here on the East Coast, I am about a ten minute boat ride from the Atlantic Ocean. I was just wed about a month and a half ago. Me and my wife used it to get to the reception hall which was right on the Pocomoke River. Image

It was the first day that was 75-80 degrees, sun was out and people were having fun. Image
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Beautiful! Congrats to the couple.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I have a 34 ft. SeaRay sedan bridge. I keep it on the saint johns river. We travel the river and go to the Silver Glen spring and stay for a week. I just came back from a 9 day trip to the spring.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
jflatley
Crew
Crew

Post by jflatley »

To be fair to all of my boats, I thought that I might list them, also to not change the subject from the boat topic.

My older brother is a boat mechanic, so that is why there are so many. I can get them as he finds them for free or good deals. I used to be a "Horse Trader" in the boating world, but have gotten away from that now.

I have 2 sailboats, both day sailors. One is a 16' O'Day Osprey, it has all teak trim and a small dry quarters, enough for gear for a week. The other is a 11' day sailor. "The Blue Crab" Fun little boat.

I have a "Jon Boat" 19' AluminumCraft flat bottom. Good for shark fishing and Skate fishing in the Maryland Coastal bays.

A 14' gunning skiff, it is actually a V hull but is lite enough to get into the duck blinds relatively easy.

Me and my Dad both have our trapping canoes that get used on teh regular during furbearer trapping season.

Then all of the other conoes, kayaks, surf boards, and wind boards.

The one boat that I wish I had never gotten rid of was a 42' Deltaville Deadrise. It was an old crabber's boat. The old man died and his wife wanted something like $5,000 for it. I gave her $6,000 because they boat was worth nearly $20,000 as it sat in the water. I knew I would have regreted it for not trying to give her more. I ended up doing some work to it and selling it for about $22,000. All and all, I had around $9,000 in to it.

Attache is a picture of a Deltavill Dead rise if anyone is wondering what they are.
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

Used to have a Larson - pretty much just a pleasure boat. We pulled it with my dad's Suburban to the Chicago river. Now we have a Pursuit fishing boat. Too big to pull it so we keep in the marina in Michigan City, Indiana.
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

'92 Alumaweld with a 115 yamaha. My understanding of the brand name is the Alumaweld was made in Arkansas. When they started selling boats nationwide, it caused a problem with another company named Alumaweld in Oregon or somewhere in the northwest. The name was changed to Express.

The 115 is too heavy for this boat. I had to move the trolling motor batteries to the front to level it out some.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:IMAGE
Does yours float? ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:..........Does yours float? ;)
Are you serious? I ain't puttin' anything of mine near water. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

There's been a few...

The first was given to me. I spent a whole lot of money getting her seaworthy and then sold her for much less than I invested.

'77 Angler 20' Cuddy Cabin

Next one I bought and fished the heck out of but eventually all good things come to an end.

'84 Sportcraft 170 Fisherman

Currently I am the proud owner of this beauty. I only wish I had more time for her.

'85 Grady White Seafarer 227
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

last weekend as a big storm was heading in before we got to the camp ground.

After we got to the campground I waited it out in my truck for over an hour before I finally said screw it, im gonna set up camp in the rain.

blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Here's the old boat. :D My first surf.

My new boat!