Killed my cell phone in a very mysterious way

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Killed my cell phone in a very mysterious way

Post by fallvitals »

A buddy at work and I had the same cell phone, a Sony w580i

Hes died on him, when you try to turn it on theres this red light that flashes in the upper right keypad.

Well he got a new phone, then was thinking his battery might have been bad. Well seeing how we had the same phone, I took the battery from my perfectly fine working phone. Put it in his, and tried to turn it on, did the same red blinking light. Well we figured his phone was just fried.

So I put mine back together, went to turn it on, and now mine had the same darn red blinking light and wouldn't turn on! :shock: :twisted:

I googled the symptoms and found a few sites that say you can use XX program to go in there and fix XXX problem. It worked for a lot of people, I couldnt get it to recognize my phone.

I ended up getting a new Sony w760i through my insurance with my cell phone provider, with a $50 deductable :roll:

Just a word of warning don't go swapping batterys and what not! lol.

Only thing I can think of, seems really sci-fi, hisphone somehow junked his battery, reversed polarity or something, and then fried mine. lol.. idk.. weird all around.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

in electronics class at school, we were making USB chargers. When the AA batteries go low on power, the charger acuttly drains power from the device.

Well long story short, a kid tested his charger on his phone and ended up draing his phone battery so low it wouldnt charge and he had to buy a new one, lol
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]