Another Crew Leaves the Site

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Another Crew Leaves the Site

Post by daevans315 »

Tonight I'm dropping my crew off at the dealer. Traded for a 2005 Tahoe, loaded with 48,000 miles. I hated to do it but with 2 kids the back seat was just getting to crowded. I'm still have my 97 s-10 but I'll be sorry to leave the Crew sitting at the dealer.... :cry: :cry:
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Are you taking all the good stuff off it before you trade it in??
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Third one to go Tahoe. I think you'll be happy.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Jongo8 wrote:Are you taking all the good stuff off it before you trade it in??
Nope.. i really didn't mean to buy last night. But man. they wanted to deal. We got up to leave and they dropped the price another $1500 to our low ball offer so we took it.
So it goes with the topper, boise spring works kit, bigger radiator.. zr5 wheels... tow haul button.. don't make me list it all... I'm getting all weepy... ;-)
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Another Crew Leaves the Site

Post by gocntry »

daevans315 wrote:Tonight I'm dropping my crew off at the dealer. Traded for a 2005 Tahoe, loaded with 48,000 miles.
Same Year, Same Mileage Tahoe I Traded For, I Miss The Crew But I Love The Tahoe's Space, Towing Ability, And Getting The Same Gas Mileage With The 5.3 Is Nice Too :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Jim

Post by Jim »

gocntry wrote:
daevans315 wrote:Tonight I'm dropping my crew off at the dealer. Traded for a 2005 Tahoe, loaded with 48,000 miles.
Same Year, Same Mileage Tahoe I Traded For, I Miss The Crew But I Love The Tahoe's Space, Towing Ability, And Getting The Same Gas Mileage With The 5.3 Is Nice Too :D
I like numbers, mine is a 2004 LT with 65,000 listed for $48,650 on the sticker. Gave them my 02 crew and $6000 for it with 58,000 on the clock back on Jan 3rd. They were asking $14,995. The Tahoe looks absolutely new except a bit of wear on the drivers seat bottom. Kelly lists it retail at $20,600 trade in at $14,600
Sad thing is I don't miss the crew, love the V8 sound, all the power and the same fuel mileage.
How good was your deal? :D
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Jim wrote:
gocntry wrote:
How good was your deal? :D
I don't know if I got as good of deal as you or not. Mine is loaded, sunroof DVD, full stability track traction control, 3rd row seat, XM satellite, brand new tires, still had the nubbies.. It stickered at $53,000 in 05. one owner
I traded the crew + $15,000 out the door. They were asking 22,000.
The crew just rolled 100,000 and needed all the 100,000 maintenance + tires and brakes. They showed me 7,000 on the trade on the 02 crew. It wasn't worth that even to the "right person". I figure really 5,000 for the crew on trade. So $20,000 out the door. 19,000 for the vehicle + 1K in tax title and doc..etc

I don't think I got hurt.. but yours sounds like a better deal.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Jim wrote:How good was your deal? :D

I Paid Just Over 20K For Mine, 2005 Z71 46,600 Miles Fully Loaded It Has Every Option Available For 2005 Except The Touch Screen Navigation. They Gave Me 6400.00 For My Crew. It Was Missing The Fender Flares & Step Bars, Oil Cooler Lines Were Leaking, Power Steering Pump Was Leaking And Blew A Cv Boot The Day Before I Traded It.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Heads up Jim,
The blower motor resistor is a real problem on the '05 Tahoes. The wires to the resistor are melting the connector. The orange or red power wire seems to be the worst.

Symptoms will include a lack of fan high speed, then the fourth setting dies.

The new resistor from GM was $50 and there are several different available so you will need the last 8 of your VIN.
The GM "repair" harness is nearly $100. It just has larger wires. I picked up one from the salvage yard for $0 to replace the melted one I had.

My GM parts guru says they are a real problem and replaced frequently. The motors and rest of the stuff is fine. Just that resistor and connector that seem to be problem children.

I have yet to figure out the problematic stability control system. All the recalls have been done and the good sensor is under the seat. I'll let you know when I get time to fully fix that one ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK