This Is A Good Forum

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

This Is A Good Forum

Post by F9K9 »

and a good sub category :D I have received coaching on NOS from home electrical repairs to a busted water line on a weekend. If, the chit goes south, I head here for advice. It has never failed me and "stuff" gets fixed when it has to.

The boss is out of town for an extended period visiting her Mom and good friends. I heard an obnoxious horn blowing in my driveway on a Sat morning. I stumbled out to receive a box from the mail carrier. It contained a windshield sun screen thingy from a former CC owner. The dude has a mind to keep my address from whatever transaction from years ago and sends it to me, Thank you gocntry/Jeff! I didn't buy this thing off of Jeff. We did not discuss it or PM one another concerning this thingy. It literally came out of the blue. He just sent it to me! Thanks, Bro!

My CD changer took a nose dive on me awhile back and I get one for shipping costs from AZS10Crew.

I have a ham radio promised to me, from Brule, once I get off my posterior and take the test.

People get all paranoid about meeting people from online connections and I ask myself why. All I want to do is meet them in person and shake their hand.

Thanks for everything, guys!
Last edited by F9K9 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thank you! It takes a whole community.
You are right there have been more people here "pay it forward" than most places I know. If you frequent any other forums you know just how good we have it here.
Sure we have our moments. I know we have run a few off. Lots of times we don't see eye to eye, but in the end the whole still looks pretty good.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I agree with f9k9 on this issue. I have bought and sold things to and from members here and never had an issue. Always polite honest transactions. I too have gotten excellent advice here concerning other issues than our trucks. Some may occasionally get their "feathers ruffled" but that's the nature of the beast at times when you are dealing with mechanics and others with strong opinions based on personal knowledge and experience. More importantly those here are able to work through those "moments".
I have had the priveledge of meeting f9k9 in person and breaking bread with him. Nice fella.
Don't know how many more years my CC will remain a resident at my homestead as it is already 9 going on 10 years old. Just rolled 100k the other day. As always depends on repairs and dollars available. I do know even after it leaves I will stop by here from time to time as this is a great bunch of helpful people and if I can contribute in some small way I will even in a post-CC situation.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: This Is A Good Forum

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:The dude has a mind to keep my address from whatever transaction from years ago and sends it to me
:lol: :lol: That'll Teach You To Give Your Address To A Stranger On The Internet. :lol: :lol:

I Just Didn't Want To Toss The Sunscreen And Thought You Could Find A Use For It.

Funny Thing Was I Had Thought The Post Office Had Lost It In Transit (was looking for the ducks :shock: )

I Sent It Priority Mail From Northern Virginia On The 13th And It didn't Get There Until The 18th :shock: I've Sent Stuff To Members In Oregon And It Only Takes 3 Days At The Most

Oh Brule, I Think I Still Have Your Address Too :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Should I expect a delivery mister Kaczynski? :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Still got my address? :lol:

Thats a pretty awesome thing to do. See, I did say you was a great guy to deal with! :clap:
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Even though I've never had the pleasure of doing business with anyone here, I look forward every day to seeing what is going on. I hope someday to have the pleasure of meeting some of you. Hats off to a great group!
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]