Best Rubbing Compound

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Best Rubbing Compound

Post by F9K9 »

I think that this will just rub out. :wink:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

OMG! It must be going around. My wife got rear ended last night. She was stopped to make a turn and a distracted young man hit her.
I envisioned the worst. She got all the information. I looked at it that evening and it had very little damage. Rubbing compound would be overkill on the repairs. She called the kid and told him that there would be no claim against his insurance.
That made him pretty happy.

Is there more to your story?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:............Is there more to your story?
Just a woman driving across the parking lanes at Wallworld. A legally parked box van blocked her view and she just kept driving. Sue was driving in the lane and got clobbered. It did a number on the front of her Pacifica and I think the faithful Cavalier will be totaled. No subframe damage that I can see but, that rear quarter panel will take major work.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I tend to agree. It sure looks like a total from here.
Any ideas on whats next?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

She was looking at Aveos in red but, I dunno?

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Oh No! Not another flock of ducks. I hope everyone is ok.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I hope she is OK. I would look at the Cobalt, a little larger than the Aveo, more room inside.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Cobalt seems like it was the "new" cavalier, she might be ready for a change?

How about buying $30,000 worth of fuel up front and getting the new Volt? You might break even before the battery bank needs to be replaced ;)

I gave up on trying to research and locate models that I "thought" she was looking for. All the questions I asked, all the research I did and she picked one that was not even on my radar. It all worked out. She picked a good one.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Reed, if she wants another small American car I would also go for the Cobalt and pass on the Aveo. If you ever get a chance to test drive both, you will see why I recommend the Cobalt. It isn't a great car, but it is much nicer and safer than the Aveo. :wink: My main complaint about the Cobalt is the road noise, but that can be cured with a good stereo, or by applying Dynamat to the floor boards.

On another note the EPA just rated the Chevy Volt @ 230 miles per gallon! :shock:

In the not so distant future I can see electric cars replacing all the gas powered cars out there. :( Some of these new electric cars are amazingly fast. The new Fiskars electric car has over 900 ft pounds of torque. The show Monster Garage which I usually can't stand was able to make an electric powered 1960 Biscayne that weighs over 4000 pounds make a 14 second pass on the 1/4 mile. Pretty impressive for an electric car that was just thrown together!

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I know all of your advice is heartfelt and well researched!!!! Toss all of that out the window for now. :D Took me over a day to get it moved back to the house with her driving it. I like the Cobalts but let's just get her back behind the wheel before we decide what she wants :wink:
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Hyundai Elantra
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Hyundai Elantra
She looked at them last yr but the salesman tried to cheat her out of an advertised discount. Then the dealership folded. We limiting the search to dealerships available within 50 miles. GM, TOY, Nissan, Chrysler.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:
Horsehammerr wrote:We limiting the search to dealerships available within 50 miles. Nissan
Here's My New Gocart 09 Base Versa. No Power Anything, Stick Shift, No Ac, Didn't Even Have A Radio (but had the speakers & wiring). For A Daily Driver Back & Forth To Work It's A Good Little Car. Combined Epa Rating Is 29 MPG.

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

According to the shop that I took it to for my estimate it.s not totaled. This shop is really good It repaired a '99 Tahoe that I was involved in a head on accident. Replaced the frame, front sheet metal and motor. It'll cost $2,800 with a used door and quarter panel. No word from the insurance company yet but, she has a loaner Cobalt LT and HATES!!!!!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

f9k9 wrote:It repaired a '99 Tahoe that I was involved in a head on accident. Replaced the frame, front sheet metal and motor.
Sheesh are you sure they repaired it or just put the VIN tags on another one the same make and Model??
Sounds like another story to be told sometime.

Glad it can be fixed if that's what she wants done.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:..........Sheesh are you sure they repaired it or just put the VIN tags on another one the same make and Model??
Sounds like another story to be told sometime...........
When I was on the Governor's drug task force we had to to put on several "dog and pony" shows each year. This one was for Sen Mitch McConnel to promote funding or whatever. :lol: We had a spare reasonably new (3K) Tahoe and I was to ferry some of the press or the Sen from the black hawk landing zone to the "patch/garden/plot" for the press coverage. It hadn't rained all summer and we just got a slight drizzle. Some young kid in a 2wd (he looked like a poster child for chemo) Nissan PU just lost it in a curve. I saw him coming and basically parked up against a barbed wire fence and waited for impact. I didn't know if, the kid or the nat'l guard hummer behind me was gonna hit first. :lol:
The hummer got stopped but, it was a pretty good smack from the Nissan.

Two shops totaled the Tahoe but the Nissan's insurance was looking at probably 35K plus reinstalling a sheet load of radios and dash cams. With only 3k on it, they opted to fix it. This shop really did a good job. The busted engine didn't show up until all the frame and sheet metal work was replaced.

If, I wasn't carrying the sen or press I would have been in my own rig with my K9. That would have really pissed off the feller! :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Go figure? :?: Looked up the local extra clean model price for her Cavalier, mileage and options. $5,500 was the best I could dig up. Insurance wants to pay $5,950 for it. Buy back is $385. Looked like a good option to me since, she isn't working and could pay off a few bills.

What do I know? :lol: She landed a pretty cool white Cobalt LT Sport. Not the SS but, still cool. 16" wheels PDL, PW, power sunroof, AT, onstar, Pioneer sound system with a big a*s woofer in the trunk, spoiler and heated leather seats for a smidgen over $13K. It's a program car with under 10K on it.

She's already started checking out decal websites. I think two black wide racing stripes from bumper to bumper would be cool but. unlikely going to happen. :wink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds Sweet!
Tell her to keep the fact she has a "Bump box in the back" to herself in mixed company :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Sounds Sweet!
Tell her to keep the fact she has a "Bump box in the back" ............
Must be an audiophile "thing" ! :lol:

Don't know why I keep buying her stuff. Haven't seen her ipod, 2 digital camcorders and her newest camera since she opened them up as gifts. All I hear is to keep a look out for mini CDs for the first camera I bought her! :lol: