Just scored me a nice deal

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Just scored me a nice deal

Post by fallvitals »

I scored a 96 blazer zr2 engine skid plate today, aluminum, on ebay for $10.50,,, with shipping it was $27, little rough lookin, but its an aluminum skid plate. I read about the oil drain cut out. The auction only picture the top portion of the skid, but nothing a skillsaw couldnt fix.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Heck, he had a aluminum transfer skid that sold for $5!

I shoulda bidded on it just because.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S10-S-10 ... ccessories
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

I thought ZR2 skid plates don't fit crews. Is that only the S-10 ZR2's?
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

14x4 wrote:I thought ZR2 skid plates don't fit crews. Is that only the S-10 ZR2's?
Only the front shield with the oil door will not fit.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Ooooh ok.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

damn and i thought $50 for the engine and t-case skid was good!
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It might make you sick, but I have paid as little as $20 for all three with hardware. Those cost Hobie dinner out and the wife got to choose.
Usually $15 each is pretty normal. They are few and far between now. The four or five sets that I found over the years are pretty well scattered across the US now.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Yeah, you just need to keep your eyes pelled for a set. Brule has it right about the ZR2, it only applies to the front skid plate.

I called pretty much every junk yard in my state I could get the number for to try and find skid plates, only ONE had some. They said it was the whole set in carbon fiber, and the front was a non-zr2. Went there they had em, but wasnt sure about the front being a non-zr2 skid :? the guy even started tellign me there wasnt a differance. :roll: He found the ZR2 skid, and i said that wasnt right, then he found another skid, non-zr2, and I picked it up, then noticed it was the same plastic one thats on my truck! The guy also noted that infact, there was a differance in the two. (Also had a CAR DEALER tell me that skid plates ONLY came on zr2 models :roll: :lol: ) But I walked away with a carbon fiber engine and transfer skid for $50. First trip to a salvage yard, i think ill be going to more in the future.

Ended up buying the front skid in aluminum from gmpartsdirect for $130 shipped.

I picked up a transfer skid plate in aluminum on this forum for $70 plus shipping. He had a engine skid, but wasnt gonna pay the same price when a carbon fiber engine skid seemed to be pretty nice. I really wanted to get rid of the carbon fiber transfer skid cause it hung SO low.

And now this one, so I know have a complete aluminum skid set. Took me about 5 months of searching to come across em.

I still cant beleive I won that engine skid for $10.50! Didn't think about it, but I shoulda bidded on that transfer skid just because. I can't believe it ended for $5! :shock: I woulda posted em here, but im a hater and didnt want any unwanted compitition, lol. sorry guys.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The guys here are pretty good about understanding not to bid you up on something. Sometimes it is a good idea to let us know so we don't come across it and bid you up without knowing. Lots of us do watch ebay pretty close for that sort of stuff.
There are not as many looking now as there once were. Funny that there don't seem to be as many interested in under armor and wheeling as there once was.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Yeah, I figured if someone ehre was needing it, ebay would be on their watch list, being big internet guys like we are, lol.

Skid plates were the first thing I wanted when I got my crew cab, lol. But other advice here lead me to the vaccum switch. Glad to talked me into keeping those other two blts for the enigne skid brule, lol. I THINK I know where I put em! lol.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Just got the engine skid in today. Looks cleaner in person then on the auction. its from a 96 Blazer. It was said on here you could need to make a cut for the oil pan drain. The cut out for the oil pan looks correct to me. Which makes this deal even sweeter :)