..need some help... cat urine...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

..need some help... cat urine...

Post by fallvitals »

I moved out over the weekend to my first house.

Took the cat in my truck 6 blocks to the house. well, I didnt know it till later, but she peed on the back carpet from getting scared.

Took me a day to girutre it out, i figrst thought I had dog poo on my shoe.

ound the spot I think is the spot. smells, and there was some paper on the floor that had been wet recently..

USed a wetvac, that didnt seem to do much, fabreezed it. Still not much. The carpet actually smells not bad now, but the truck still smells when you let it set with the windows up.

I have a few other things I am wanting to try, but any tips here? This sucks big time..
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

It sounds like the urine has soaked into the insulation under the carpet. A carpet cleaner that uses shampoo or steam will take care of the smell in the carpet, but you may have to cut a small piece out of the insulation under the carpet and replace it with a piece the same size. Most hardware stores sell the same gray insulation. I know Home Depot has the same stuff for real cheap. :wink:

Steve
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Buy some Simple Solution at your local pet store and soak the spot. It gets completely rid of the smell. It's used to keep dogs from coming back to the same spot to pee (they have way better smell sense than us).
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I was thinking the same thing killian, cut out that insulation/foam underneath. I dont recall of I said so, but I used a mini carpet shampooer yesterday, im not sure what cleaning agent was in it, afterwards my mother asked if i added pinsol, i said no, you said it was good to go.

Borderman, ill have to pick some of that up. Has to be better then pinsol like mom recommended.

My truck smells awful, lol.

thanks for the help. Probably wont have time to fix it till saturday, any one need a ride? lmao.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

The smell, is gone, I hope.

I got this Natural's Maricle stuff from PetsMart, all you have to do is pour it on. Seemed to help at first, then semed worst, then seemed to dissapear. I was noticing a a smell from tim to time, so I put some charcoal over the spot, and I havent smelled it since. I can almost smell my airfreshner now, though it needs replaced. So, I think its good now :)
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

apperantly I was wrong... The smell is still there,,, actually I think I found another spot!

Never again will I have a cat in my truck that isnt in a carrier....

I think for now im just gonna cut out those pieces of carpet.

I just did a serch online, and I can get replacment molded carpet for about $120 plus shipping. Not as bad as I was thinking. Might have to make that my Xmas present to myself.

I dont think it would be too bad to replace the carpet? Iv had the back seat apart, I dont image the front seats would be too hard... plus the console? Is it as "easy" as im thinking or would it be harder then it looks?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Console is easy to remove, seats are not hard either sounds like it will be worth it to get rid of the smell. You might have to cut the replacement carpet to fit the mounting stud of the console and seat bolts but a good sharp utility knife will do the trick.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]