Restoration Project Sort of...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Restoration Project Sort of...

Post by Jim »

Daughter is off at College, she will be taking her Bravada to school next year. Here's my laundry list before she goes.
I've had the unit 4 years bought it wrecked off ebay with 102,000 on it for $2900 first time getting it on the road before she was 16 cost me an additional $4000 to make it look and run new, I'm picky (the seats never suited me)

New front and rear seats found on Ebay out of a Blazer LT
Install the perfect 3000 mile black hood I bought 3 years ago.
Moog ball joints (lower)
Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings
Bilstein HD shocks up front
New Delphi fuel pump and sender
New cheap headlights off ebay, update cheap head lights were crap, I had to pollish the old ones
New transmission crossmember (old one is rusted and weakened)
Replace coolant (green stuff) 2nd time
Tune up w/ wires, never missed yet, always made my Crew Cab seem rough after driving this.
New serp belt and idler
Before
Last edited by Jim on Sat May 22, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Restoration Project Sort of...

Post by HenryJ »

Pretty sweet rig.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jim,
You still have the magic touch!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Did the lower ball joints today, not as easy as the GM manual says. I thought I may only need to remove the axle nuts and separate the lower joint and that was it, not enough room to get off that lower joint with the darn axle in the way. I wound up separating the upper joint also allowing me to pull the spindle free. So the caliper, speed sensor wire and the brake hose need pulled off there supports. Only took 2.5 hours for both sides.
Then the Bilstein shocks and the energy suspension front sway bar kit.
Then the new transmission cross member went in.
A good 7 hour job for all that stuff. I'm draggin now, it's been 19 years since I worked on cars for a living, I'll see if I can move tomorrow.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Most all work is completed, I put the cap and rotor on today, it looks like it was tuned up just before I got it four years and 16,000 miles ago. :D Cap was covered in white/gray dust inside and the contacts were pitted black on one side, no corrosion at all. The cap didn't have brass contacts. Plug wires and plugs must have been done back then too. I could make out part of the word Champion on one of the plugs so I know they arn't origional. I used the old distributor cap screws over, they didn't have any thread lock but were rusty. the screws that came with the Accel cap had a different thread pitch and I was afraid of busting the plastic distributor so I didn't use them. Lubricant for the old screws was water which serves as thread locker when the screw rusts. This thing never missed a beat so I don't think it will run any better, this was just PM.
Best Regards, Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

All good for another four years :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK