Trade S10 for Colorado?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Sonoma GT
Crew
Crew

Trade S10 for Colorado?

Post by Sonoma GT »

I'm considering trading my trusty old 2001 S10 Crew Cab in on a 2009 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71. I don't need a full size truck but a little bigger would be nice. Its a good looking truck and the inline 5 seems to run well but i'm just trying to figure out if its really worth all that money. Maybe I'm just board with the winter blues but the S10 is getting old and has 120,000 miles on it. I would not even consider another brand,been GM all of my life and I don't see that changing any time soon. Stupid and stubborn maybe but thats how it is.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Trade S10 for Colorado?

Post by 04crewvt »

The Colorado interior is only marginally larger than the S-10, a matter of fractions of inches in many cases. That would not be a big selling point for the Colorado unless you get a really good deal. A new ride with full warranty might be a selling point if you are starting to get into big ticket repairs but I test drove a 2004 when I first looked at the s-10 and found the fit and finish poor and the engine also seemed much less powerful maybe they have gotten better?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

If you get it with the 5.3 v8 than thats the only choice I would make. It is still the same tranny, 4l60, and lots of cheesy plastic. I have heard rumor that the colorado line is in for a change up soon and either a facelift or bringing back the s-10. It is time for a redesigned pickup though, I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the colorado but a v8 in that size pickup would be nice :thumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Colorado

I know I know wikipedia, but near the bottom check out the 2012 expectations. Who knows, they may be onto something. The motor suggestions are the ones I thought GM would have put in the Colorado line to begin with. I have heard rumors of diesels in the near future as well, that would be the day.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The S10 looks better, has a better engine with more torque, and is nearly the same size as the Colorado. Unless your running into costly repairs with the CC, I would keep the S10, and wait until GM makes a better mid sized truck.

Steve
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

killian96ss wrote:The S10 looks better....
That sums up my opinion right there 8)
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

I would say that like already pointed out how bad of shape is the s10 in. I'm guessing it is payed off there is a lot to be said for that given todays economic instability . Plus as others pointed out the Colorado is well for lack of words ugly. I'm sure some people like it. But when they rolled those things out as a replacement for the sleek s10 I was left thinking GM lost there minds.

If I were feeling cabin fever and wanting to spend some $$$ I would take up a new hobby and keep the s10. But thats just me.

Chris.
Sonoma GT
Crew
Crew

Post by Sonoma GT »

Not to bash my S10 but in my opinion the Colorado is a much better looking truck.
My crew cab is the forth s-series that I have owned. The first 3 were 1st generations and I thought they were better looking than the second Gen.
I put a bull bar and offroad driving lights on my crew because I think it has a whimpy looking front end.
The Colorado looks a lot more tuff and agressive.( To me) I guess everyone has their own opinion of what makes a good looking truck but I don't really like the look of anything out there right now.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You "gots to do, what you gots to do" what is best for you. These rigs are getting old and situations evolve. Research the Colorado/Canyon sites and research some more. I do sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you drop back in from time to time.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Sonoma GT
Crew
Crew

Post by Sonoma GT »

That is my concern F9K9. These rigs are getting old. At 120,000 miles mine is making a lot of new noises and its starting to scare me enough to realize that it wont last forever and I should trade it in before something major happens and it has almost no value. I got a good deal on this truck 4 years ago and I like it but I think it is time. Maybe. Its hard to find a Black 2009 Colorado Crew Cab with Leather and every other option for a decent price. Hard to find at any price.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I would weigh repair costs versus truck payments. With new GM 4.3L engines hovering around $2,500 (w/warranty) it is a tough call.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

F9K9 wrote:I would weigh repair costs versus truck payments. With new GM 4.3L engines hovering around $2,500 (w/warranty) it is a tough call.
:?: Tell me about it, that is my major dilemma right now. After over 3 years of no car payments, I'm not looking forward to starting them up again. :shock:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]