Brake Code Reader

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Brake Code Reader

Post by 04crewvt »

Just dropped the dime on an Actron ABS BrakeScan code reader. My Tahoe ABS light has been on all winter and the Stealership wants $80 just to hook it up to read the codes. I found the Actron on sale from Advance Auto online for $99.00 with a 15% off coupon and free shipping so figured I would get it and see. Supposedly it will not read the codes from a 98 Tahoe but supports the 99 and up. After telling it it was a 98 K1500 4x4 it happily read the codes and told me the bad news. Once again ABS wheel speed sensors are the culprit. I have gone through 3 hubs in this truck and 3 in the Crew for the same problem in the last 2 years, salt corrodes the sensor disk and instead of being able to just replace the sensor and disk it requires all new hubs. I really wish GM would change this design. Up side is the scanner works great and one more use from me or anyone who needs it and it will pay for itself.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Brake Code Reader

Post by killian96ss »

That's a great price for that scanner! I've been thinking about getting the same one for the past couple of years now, but never wanted to pay over $200 for one.

Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Brake Code Reader

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea I just happened to get an email with the discount as I was looking to buy one. I knew when they first came out they listed for $299 and I say them at around $200. This made it a no brainer to buy for the price.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]