Got to love Michigan's weather

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Got to love Michigan's weather

Post by DLP »

Worked on the CC last night changing out the intake gaskets. All went pretty well. Working in a tee -shirt at 65 degrees. Went back out this morning to finish up toping off the fluids and button things up. Other than the fresh snow on the ground and 31 degrees, the repair went well. Less than $40 sure beats the $500 price from the local repair shop!
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Got to love Michigan's weather

Post by rlrnr53 »

Sounds like our weather, if you don't like it, wait a few minutes, it will change.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:roflmao: :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

That's a fact!
Now that the gaskets are done, I have been listening to every little noise making sure all is well. Now I hear a faint gurgleling sound about behind the radio. I already replaced the transfer switch a long time ago. Not sure if it's that or something else. Time to call in Dick Tracy to do a little investigation work.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would sat you have an air bubble in the cooling system causing your noise it's easy to get air trapped in the heater core when changing out coolant.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Good thought. But I have a flush kit on the heater hose for that reason. I bought a new transfer case switch today. The old one which I replaced a couple years ago had a little trans fluid in the lines. But none at any of the actuators or other ends of the tubing. The sound is almost like a hiss/gurgle comming from behind the dash cluster.

I found the trouble maker! It was me being cheep. I thought I was being thrifty! When I had the top end apart, I pulled the PVC out. I have never changed it in the 140,000 miles. I just bought a motor with 80,000 miles on it. As I was looking at the spare motor to see where a couple lines went to, I spied the (newer) PVC. So I swapped it in. It must have had a rust pit or something in it, keeping it from opening and closing all the way. I put a stethascope (sp) on it and it sounded like a machine gun going off, just off idel. Swapped in the old PVC and all is quite. I will be getting a new one tomorrow.