Snowstorm

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Snowstorm

Post by 04crewvt »

Alright who ordered a snowstorm for the northeast two weeks after I removed the studded snows ???? Have had 8 inches of heavy wet snow today and expecting another 4 to 8 by tomorrow when the storm is supposed to be done, this after 68 degree day yesterday.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Snowstorm

Post by green02crew »

We're in the same boat here as well. Just not quite as much accumulation. I too just took off the snows!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Worse than snow on the roads, my satellite dish is buried on the roof, 4 shows I record on Tuesdays with nothing tonight but searching for signal message. Really hoping to keep power on overnight, lots of tree limbs coming down from the weight of the snow. Already had power flickering around 5:30 when a transformer blew and again tonight about 11.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

We only have about a foot now, still falling heavily. Most places around are out of power, I'm in a good place and it only flickered once. Good luck as it is heavy snow. Doesn't seem to be sticking to the roads too bad yet. Which is good since the plows are all off the trucks.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Lost power and heat at 4am today, have upwards of 12 inches on the ground. 20000 people estimated without power as of right now. Running on UPS power to check emergency site and then will be off. Still have house and cell phone as well as monitoring ham and fire frequencies with my portables.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Keep the white stuff up there!!! Seriously, I hope you weather the storm OK. I've had enough snow to do me for the next 50 years. Our weather turned cold this week, but no snow, 31 this morning with light frost. This after 60's and low 70's last week.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Power was restored about midnight last night. Total time out here 20 hours but some are still without power and expect not to be back up til Friday. The center of the storm and where the most damage was right on top of us. Some received as much as 20 inches. Large numbers of trees were snapped off and a bunch of accidents on the roads but no serious injuries so all in all we weathered this one pretty well. Snow is melting today almost as fast as it came down and will be all gone by this weekend when they predict mid 70's for Saturday.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Hope every thing is melting there. Today it hit about 80 in So W Va.
[size=75]Mitch
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

65 here today and supposed to get to 80 tomorrow, nice weather for out MapleFest weekend activities. Still lots of tree damage but roads are clear and we are down to just a few snow banks on the streets.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just stop whining and move, Brian :mrgreen:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

LOL Compared to much of the rest of this great nation our weather is really not too bad, no major flooding,earthquakes,volcanoes,fires,100+ heatwaves,hurricanes,tornadoes,mudslides,sinkholes and whatnot. Just the timing was bad for this one. Spring came early so the snow-tires came off most cars,along with the snow brushes and the drivers immediately forget how to drive in the stuff. Also the trees had budded out so the snow stuck to them much more so than in winter causing a lots of trees to break off at the tops. Had it not been MapleFest weekend coming up it would have been less of an impact on the town/city, the guys that really pulled off a major feat were the DPW and electric company getting everything cleaned up and lite up for the festival. Branch and tree removal will take longer and the cable company is still trying to get all the lines repaired in the city but all in all not really too bad. We were on alert in case we had to open an emergency shelter or to do health and welfare checks or traffic control but were not called upon. It was just one freaky storm for the record books.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Freaky it was. Last week over 1ft of snow. This week over 80*! Drastic change? I think so.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Now if, you wanna gripe about rain, geeeeeeeeeeeesh!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Better thee than me! Seriously Reed, I hope that every thing is OK with you. The bulk of the rain went to the northwest ofme Saturday and Sunday. Only a drop in the bucket compared to what you got about an inch and a half to two inches here.
[size=75]Mitch
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea some wild weather all over. I do hope everyone stays safe in the storms whatever type they get.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Had to make a 200 mile round trip during the hgt of the storms on Sat. Just cloudy at home, drove an '04 Grand Cherokee with all season tires on it. Hit the worst of it and couldn't see 10' in front of the hood. Hydroplaned a little but, managed to get to destination to pick up the CC. Pretty wore out from the trip and wanted to rest but, looked at the radar and took off back home in the CC.

I only thought that the first half was bad! It was 10x worse on the return trip. I tried to lay over and grab a meal enroute back home thinking that the storm would lighten up. Wrong, it just sat there with no signs of any relief. 40 mph was the max that I could manage and I seriously overdrove it at that. THose BFG ATs were worth their weight in gold. Got back into London and it was still just cloudy. We paid for it a little later that evening.

Weird spring all around.