new guy in KY

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

dougg01
Crew
Crew

new guy in KY

Post by dougg01 »

Was sent here from another forum by the mod. He said you folks wouldn't turn away an owner of a 2000 Jimmy working it's way to the trails while doing DD duties.

Ex-AirForce enlisted...in my 40s......got a couple boys (4 & 10) that are into cars, trucks, trouble......we live out in the sticks in Central KY and right now I am off roading in the front yard (5 acres). I've drag raced and autocrossed for years. Not done much lately. At our house right now: 2000 GMC Jimmy, 1994 Formula firebird (former DD, autox, drag, fun), 2001 Suburban 1500 4x4 (wife's DD and family truckster), and I recently got my old 1994 S-10 2wd ext-cab back (I bought it new). I built it for DD and autox work and sold it late in 1998 to family. I missed that truck.... Over at my in-laws are a 2001 Tahoe 4wd, a 2003 2500HD crew SB 4wd durmax, a 1991 1500 4wd reg SWB (with offroad pkg), and the family race car - a twin 1994 formula firebird that gathers dust (spray, cage, new rossler and moser stuff - hasn't made a lap in 6 years using the 'new' parts).

My 99 Blazer was totalled for me this past January when a Ram 2500 turned sideways in front of me on an icy/snowy road. The Jimmy replaced and took up where I left off on the Blazer....

the Specs....
GMC Jimmy
4dr
4wd
aluminum skid for pan/front diff and carbon-fiber for transfer case and fuel tank
Front skid was missing when I got it
3.42s (duh)
msot everything power. No remarkable RPOs.
1.5" t-bar crank and shackles
New balljoints, shocks, sway bar bushings, CV shafts (now I have a leaky pass-side axle seal)
trimming and clearancing. Lots of cleaning up still to do.
K&N drop-in with the airbox opened up.
Accel super coil
DynoMax cat-back
No cat (was done by pervious owner)
C/K tow hooks in front
31x10.50-15 Firestone ATs

Still planned:
lock-right swap over from the S-10 (it gets a bad rap for street use, but I always liked it)
rear recovery points (D-rings)
eventually custom fr/rr bumper and sliders
longer shocks (these are limiting post-lift)
2" body lift and 32s or 33s on different rims
CB
lights (but I am not planning (does anyone plan that...) evening ops unless I join a local search and rescue.
remove the body cladding, fill holes, paint lower body.
Get it dirty on a regular basis and be able to get to/from work in bad weather.

Nice being here. I am long-winded. Go figure....
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: new guy in KY

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like you should fit in nicely. Welcome aboard.
Show off some pictures if you get a chance. Sounds like some cool toys around your place.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site. These are a great bunch of guys, I've learned a lot in the last four and a half years.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Welcome to the addiction!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I see you found your way over here. Welcome aboard!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

Welcome on that marvelous forum !