Zip ties for mounting transmission cooler?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Zip ties for mounting transmission cooler?

Post by fallvitals »

I'm upgrading the radiator soon, I have a transmission cooler kit on it, it uses a clamp like style zip tie to mount it, exactly like here:

I have no idea what they are correctly called. I googled and googled and can't find an answer, or locate any on eBay. Can these be bought? Why are they called??? Any help is appreciated.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Zip ties for mounting transmission cooler?

Post by HenryJ »

Check your local auto parts store. They will have them. Sorry , but the zip tie nylon cooler installation "thingies" is all I can think of right now too :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Lol, I was thinking zip clamps. I'll check, it did find a "automatic transmission cooler mounting kit" with em on eBay for $4 plus $5 shipping. If shipping wasn't insane I think I woulda bought em.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Hayden Transmission oil cooler kits contain:
Cooler, hose, 5/16" flared fitting, hardware, quick connect nylon straps for easy mounting and installation instructions. (NO special tools required)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

You are looking for "adjustable male rivets". That's the industry term.
https://secure.microplastics.com/detail ... a%e3%b7%b8
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

That's how I mounted mine. Make sure to put the foam washers between the rad and the cooler to prevent chafing and later leaks. 5yrs and no problems with mine on rough washboardy roads.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I got lazy an bought a set on eBay, a tranny cooler mount kit, for like $7 because my radiator wasn't coming to next weekend. Well to my surprise it came today. Had to stop at the auto store and they ha the same kit, only one left, for $7 so I picked it up. Now I have a spare, lol.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Just cut the head off 1 ty-wrap and use a rubber washer between it and the rad fins. Slide the full ty-wrap through the rad and into the cut off head of the other ty-wrap. Kinda like a nut and bolt.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]