Sold the Crew too.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Sold the Crew too.

Post by WVHogRider »

:surrender: I gave up throwing money at the crew. It just needed too much work, and couldn't do everything that I now wanted/needed. It was an '01 with 146,XXX miles with a bunch of issues starting to surface. It was a great truck, and fit the bill for everything I needed at one point. I'm truly sad to see it go, seriously. I remember everything about the day I purchased it because it's the only brand new vehicle I've ever purchased. But a decent deal came along. So, I now have a super crew family truckster....Image
2004 Suburban-Fully loaded-Leather heated seats-DVD system-Sunroof-Tow package-No rust. I can't think of an option that this does not have. Plus it came with an extended 5Yr 100K mile warranty. So I may have some parts to list for sale, (HPIII programmer, wheel spacers, tail lights, etc), once I get badgered by the GF to get them out of the kitchen. 8) I just want to say that this site and many of the people here were great......So any of you know a good Suburban forum. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Sold the Crew too.

Post by HenryJ »

Sad to see you go, but it looks like you should be happy with that. Don't be a stranger :wave:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

That's a super mini-van! Sorry bout the issues, seems like with these trucks they are solid or falling apart. Mine only has 60k, I only put like 8k a year on it, I think mine should last a while.
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

It's too bad about your truck - but it is understandable.
If you decide to sell the HPIII, I'm interested.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Never !! Find a reason to sell your Harley !! :rant:
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Horsehammerr wrote:Never !! Find a reason to sell your Harley !! :rant:
Them's fightin' words---> :punch: :crazy: :eyes: I'll NEVER sell my Harley!!!!!!!! Actually, I'm looking to add another Harley. :mrgreen:

Oh, and my friends keep telling me to quit calling the Sub my new truck because it's not a "truck".

Yeah, the Crew was really starting fall apart. Too bad I just threw the new tires on not to long ago, new brakes & rotors at all four corners, ball joint, pitman arm, door pins, etc. It still needed a bunch of other stuff fixed. Even the bed had started rotting through the back wall through the Line-X at the cab.

14x4, I'll let you know if it's the HPIII that is compatible with your truck. I'll make you a good deal on it if it is. :thumb:
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Well ya, go ahead, you can definantly get that Harley now. You have enough engine to tow em all over the country!!!
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

WVHogRider wrote:...my friends keep telling me to quit calling the Sub my new truck because it's not a "truck".

I've always called SUV's trucks. As long as they aren't luxury SUV's. :roll:
WVHogRider wrote:14x4, I'll let you know if it's the HPIII that is compatible with your truck. I'll make you a good deal on it if it is. :thumb:
Thanks! Just curious, why wouldn't it be compatible with my truck?
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Do you know what a Rottweiler and a Harley have in common?

They both ride around in the back of pick ups :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

fallvitals wrote:Well ya, go ahead, you can definantly get that Harley now. You have enough engine to tow em all over the country!!!
:?: Ummmm, but I don't tow my bike(s) anywhere....... :wink: I ride mine where ever I want to go/take it. It's actually only been towed once and that was due to a dry roughted vacuum line leaving me stranded on the highway. 8)
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

14x4 wrote:
WVHogRider wrote:...my friends keep telling me to quit calling the Sub my new truck because it's not a "truck".

I've always called SUV's trucks. As long as they aren't luxury SUV's. :roll:
WVHogRider wrote:14x4, I'll let you know if it's the HPIII that is compatible with your truck. I'll make you a good deal on it if it is. :thumb:
Thanks! Just curious, why wouldn't it be compatible with my truck?
:oops: Well, my new2me Sub might be a bit on the luxurious side for me...All leather three row seating with the driver/passenger seats having heat/power adjust & lumbar, sunroof, 6 disk in-dash changer, DVD system, rear center entertainment center (radio & AC controls for rear area), Driver infomation center to let me know about MPG/Tire Air Pressures/etc., Driver 1 & 2 memory for seat position/radio stations/mirror locations/etc., and it even has actual power mirrors that will fold the mirrors all the way against the door by themselves. I'm still figuring everything out on it.

As for the HPIII, there were a couple different models of HPIII if I remember correctly. Some were year specific to only a year or two of the S-10, say like '01 and '02, and other models didn't offer all the features.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

F9K9 wrote:Do you know what a Rottweiler and a Harley have in common?

They both ride around in the back of pick ups :roflmao:
:rant: :punch: :rant: :punch: :nono:

J/K....You know I'd always :cheers: with you. :wink:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Nice Suburban, I'd like to get one myself. You can't beat the amount of room they offer.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

WVHogRider wrote::oops: Well, my new2me Sub might be a bit on the luxurious side for me...All leather three row seating with the driver/passenger seats having heat/power adjust & lumbar, sunroof, 6 disk in-dash changer, DVD system, rear center entertainment center (radio & AC controls for rear area), Driver infomation center to let me know about MPG/Tire Air Pressures/etc., Driver 1 & 2 memory for seat position/radio stations/mirror locations/etc., and it even has actual power mirrors that will fold the mirrors all the way against the door by themselves. I'm still figuring everything out on it.
I love Suburbans and I'll always consider them trucks. When I say luxury SUV, I mean something like a Cadillac Escalade or a Lincoln Navigator.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

Sad to hear about the truck, but you got a nice Suburban. If you are still thinking about selling the wheel spacers and tail lights let me know im interested in both.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I too would like to attain your HP111 tuner. Is it compatible to my '02 CC ? If so please make me an offer. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

WVHogRider wrote:......So any of you know a good Suburban forum. :wink:
http://www.z71ts.com That Site Will Help You Empty Your Wallet And Mod Your Truck :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Any word on the HPIII tuner ?
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Sorry for the late reply guys, as I've been away camping, and just too busy to get around to the site. I got back to some of your PM's about the programmer. I'll list it in the Classified section along with other stuff I may find/have. The HPIII is PN# 30023 for '01 Chevy's (4.3/4.8/5.3/6.0/8.1L engines only). So I'm sorry again, as most will not be able to use it. Oh, and I'm loving the Sub. My only alteration to the "Bus" is the addition of Vent-visors so far, but I already have other :idea: (s). :roflmao: Oh, and Gocntry, yeah, I pretty sure I found that site before I even bought the truck when I was checking out some Sub info. :wink:
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

WVHogRider wrote:Oh, and I'm loving the Sub. My only alteration to the "Bus" is the addition of Vent-visors so far, but I already have other :idea: (s). :roflmao: Oh, and Gocntry, yeah, I pretty sure I found that site before I even bought the truck when I was checking out some Sub info. :wink:
I've Already Did The Keys - 2" Spacers, Running 34x11.50 Tires On Stock Rims, CAI, Corsa Catback Exhaust, Had A Custom Tune Done, And Added The Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks.... Got A Couple Other Mods Just Waiting For The Cash Account To Build Back Up Again :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

The CC is now in the hands of a friend. This afternoon I sold the CC. I will not be a stranger to the forum; I promise. I've already informed the new owner of 'our S-10 CC family'.

I'm truly going to miss my CC. I love that truck but I needed to upsize for the future -my family. I will never forget the generosity and help I recieved from the members of this forum.

Best Regards,
Kevin
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kwalsh wrote:The CC is now in the hands of a friend.
I am glad you were able to find a good home for your truck. I wish that I could have done that for mine. I know of exactly what you speak. The room is nice.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

kwalsh wrote:The CC is now in the hands of a friend. This afternoon I sold the CC. I will not be a stranger to the forum; I promise. I've already informed the new owner of 'our S-10 CC family'.

I'm truly going to miss my CC. I love that truck but I needed to upsize for the future -my family. I will never forget the generosity and help I recieved from the members of this forum.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Seems like everyone's getting rid of 'em. :(
Good luck with the next vehicle.

My friend may eventually buy your body lift - if you still have it. He's just hard on money right now. He really wants to lift his CC and I keep reminding him about your body lift kit, so don't throw it away! :lol:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Suburbans are just panel trucks with extra windows and seats. OH I forgot, most of the younger crowd probably don't know what a "panel" truck is maybe with the exception of the oldsters here.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

rlrnr53 wrote:Suburbans are just panel trucks with extra windows and seats. OH I forgot, most of the younger crowd probably don't know what a "panel" truck is maybe with the exception of the oldsters here.
Careful there sonny! Some of us resemble that remark. :lol: 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Didn't mean to step on any toes, but there's a lot that the younger generation could learn from the oldsters, but I've learned a lot from the young'uns too. I'm hoping to get a favorable report when I go to check on my retirement tommorrow.
[size=75]Mitch
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rlrnr53 wrote:Didn't mean to step on any toes, but there's a lot that the younger generation could learn from the oldsters, but I've learned a lot from the young'uns too. I'm hoping to get a favorable report when I go to check on my retirement tommorrow.
Hope it was good, Bro!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Have a few things to think over before I decide what to do.
[size=75]Mitch