What Do You Use Lock Your Spare Tire?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

What Do You Use Lock Your Spare Tire?

Post by dozer1530 »

i am looking for the spair tire holder off a zr2 blazer to put on my cc. the one im looking for is the one that will rap arounf my tail gate( on blazer same spot just on the hach part)
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: WTB zr2 spair tire holder

Post by paintballrocker »

you cant just buy one and install it, the 2door blazers have the tire carrier welded under neath the rer quarter. search this forum, HJ has a mod thread on his rear tire carrier i think its off a rodeo(?) not sure tho
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It was off an S series and he had to modify it extensively. He has mentioned that it was a mod that he would unlikely repeat. Translated from Brule speak, it means that it was a major PITA to do. I would run as hard as I could in the opposite direction. :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

well then is there a way i can lock my spare tire on the roof rack ?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I use one of these Master Lock cables for a $400 CO2 tank and regulator.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

oo ok i never thought of that ill deff do that ty
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

You might be suprised how easy it is to but one of those cables.... but if someone really wanted that tank, where it is, They will get it no matter what, lol.

I say that becuase I use master python locks on my trail cameras. I had a key break off in the lock of one 3 miles up a trail (foot travel only) on public land. Came back with a bolt cutter a week later and it took pretty much no preasure on it to break that cable o_0

If I were you id look at some sort of stronger set up if possible.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: What Do You Use Lock Your Spare Tire?

Post by F9K9 »

Nothing is bullet proof. All you can hope for is to slow them down. Not a whole lot of people will have bolt cutters 3 miles up a trail. For that matter, I've carried spares in two different locations locked and unlocked but, I know that nothing is completely safe.