Hard to say goodbye

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Hard to say goodbye

Post by rlrnr53 »

Yesterday, I had to say the hardest goodbye I have ever done. My mother padded away, and her services were yesterday. Shad been in and out of the hospital and nursing home since around the middle of March. It has been a week of mixed emotions, on one hand, I'm happy she's not suffering or in pain, on the other hand, it's hard to say goodbye to your mother. Even with family and friends around, it still leaves a void that no one can fill, but there are memories that no one can take away.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Hard to say goodbye

Post by HenryJ »

I am sorry for your loss. A friend recently lost his mother not long after his father passed. His take on the situation caught me sort of off guard.
He said something like..."It really is a lonely feeling to know that you are alone now. The two who brought you into this world are gone. The two I have known and have been there all my life are gone."
How do you respond to that. It will happen to all of us sooner than later I guess. Not really something we look forward to. How do you prepare for that? I don't really want to "prepare" for that.
I guess like everything else, I'll deal with it when confronted with it.

We have a friends 20 sumth'n daughter "try drugs" at a party yesterday. I'm told her first time for this sort of thing. Overdosed and died. That is tough to deal with. I'd rather be a son losing a mother who had a full life than a father mourning a child who did not get a chance to live.

Look for comfort in those that are close.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:............Look for comfort in those that are close.
I am sorry my friend.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Sorry for both your losses.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

My condolences.
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

Sorry for you . Courage for that hard time .
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

No loss is easy, Help is in Jesus the Lord.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

im so sry to hear that bro.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Thanks guys, your support is appreciated. Horsehammerr, the service was done by two ministers that knew her well, and was a blessing to the whole family. Some people may think this strange, but I wish that the service had been recorded, so that the wisdom of their words would not be forgotten. This weekend, my sister and I plan to attend the national family reunion that she loved to attend. One of her greatest pleasures was our small reunion held every year, I think that not being able to attend the reunion Aug. 1st may have been the last straw. Spend as much time with friends an family as possible, and cherish the memories of those that have gone to their reward.
[size=75]Mitch
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

condolences, knowing that that the future is coming dosn't make it any easier once it get here..................nothing but the best wishes to you and yours
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Thanks for all the kind words. the hard part is just starting, all the paper work and legal hurdles, though there aren't too many of these.
[size=75]Mitch