cant belive this site is still here..

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

cant belive this site is still here..

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Well hello s-10crewcab.net :) lonnnnnng time since i was on here.

I was searching the dusty corners of the internet looking for some old pics of my crew and got a link here. and wow my user name still works and everything. holy crap.
Hows everyone doing? HenryJ you still have that crew? If anyone still has one its you ;)
I sold mine years ago. not sure when but its been awhile thats for sure. I have a 2008 crew cab canyon now and love it. I consider it a big upgrade on the s-10. I loved the s-10 but I like this truck too. Wish I still had my old crew though the thing was a beast. anyway just thought i would say hey and see how many of you actually hit this site up still and how active it is. Im sure alot of people have moved on since they were discountinued.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: cant belive this site is still here..

Post by HenryJ »

Glad to see you are still checking up on us! I do still have my truck. The site is not as active as it was in the beginning, but it is still active enough to stay alive.

Sounds like the new truck is a keeper. Those look like a good way to go.

Are you still doing plates?

You might see me in your neck of the woods next year. We are planning a trip up north.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

HenryJ wrote: Are you still doing plates?

Flares????????
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Thats too bad its getting slower. But as long as there is a few its worth keeping up. I actually havent seen any crews around here lately in awhile. Its pretty wierd they are getting scarce :(
The canyons, colorados are great trucks. and because its a chev, I still think its just the next gen s-10 ;)
I do still make the plates, but mostly for the Colorado/ Canyon platform only. After s-10 sites started to die and have less activity I saw it was the way to go.
Where abouts are heading next year?
I knew someone would ask me about flares, lol
I havent contacted the plastic company since the last sets I made a few years ago. Im not even sure If my tooling is still available or been tossed. Its something I could look into if enough crews were interested. It just comes down to if they have my molds still. I noticed a few threads when searching through here about cracking. Thats not good at all! Especially considering the material suuplier told me that material would be the best for the application I told them I was using it for! Hopefully none have gone on you guys. Ill drop an email and see what i can dig up on my molds.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

From Washington I will be taking the ferry to Vancouver Island. We will travel up the island and take another ferry over to the mainland from the northern portion. I'll be in my truck pulling an offroad trailer.

The cracking thing kind of came and went. Mine are still cracked. I keep waiting for them to get worse, but it has not happened. Almost a let down that they did not fall apart ;) I do think that they are much better than I expected them to be after the cracking. I am still sitting on the replacements. They will probably get installed when I liner the rockers.

I can not say thank you enough for what you did.

Make sure your email is good. I would like to keep in touch. If you are available on our trip , I'd stop by and shake your hand. There is a thread started in the activities section. You might have some good ideas for us too?

There are still a few looking for shields now and then. If you are still able to make them we will sure send them your way.

If those molds are still out there and you need a safe home for them, I'd love to store them in my garage. I might be able to get some flares pulled down here somewhere.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Awsome trip for sure! I will be around so for sure. My email is still badasscrewcab@hotmail.com or Justin@fab-all.com ( work )
Interesting. I will actually send and inquiry to the plastics supplier just to see what they say. Im wondering if it was a heat and timing process. Perhaps the first sets were left on the mold to long or something. I will look into it for the sake of it though. Thanks for the kind words, it was awsome. Its to bad there arent more people interested in these trucks cause those flares really do make the truck look awsome, and serve a function for us guys who are never happy with tire size ;)
I will check out the activities section for sure. For the island, there is actually a few trails that I here about from friends, but never got a chance to run any of them when i have been over there.
I can still make them so If someone is looking for them I would be happy to try and help. In terms of the molds, I just sent out an email to see if they are still around. Im hoping they are because they were about 5000$ to make :S Once the busniess died, I just kinda moved on from that part and took on other projects and forgot about them. Im hoping they are around! ill keep you posted. Im sure they could be used at any vacuum plastics forming company im sure they all use the same types of processes.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

8) See if they would be interested in pulling a few sets of flares if the molds are still serviceable. We might be able to round up that many people.

I'll send some shield people your way if they come looking.

Take some time off for camping and meet us up there next summer if you can. Drinks around the campfire are on me :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Extra flares?! I like it. :rock:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

HenryJ wrote:I'll send some shield people your way if they come looking.
what shield you talking about
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Justin builds them all. Complete under carriage shielding.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

oo i need that how much for the set
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Great hearing from you Justin. Stay safe, Bro!!!!!!
Reed
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

i need oil pan gard and front skid plate. and maby more depending on price. so let me know once you here from them and we can talk about it :D
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Justin,
If, you have time, why not post up a few of your thoughts concerning the SuperLift 6" SL in the modified suspension category on the forum. Perhaps post the reasons why you dumped the SL 6" (or maybe it was the BDS 5" SL) and went went to the SFA. Last that I recall was that you were still without a front DS before you bailed the rig completely. We're still fighting the same issues concerning IFS lifts and maybe you can provide some insight to our newer members.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Nice to hear from a bunch of you, I feel so special, lol Just kidding ;)

Im waiting to hear back from the plastics company. Im hoping to god they just through them in storage or something. Those molds are crazy money and If I can get them to HenryJ, or better yet, get a few sets done up to help out some members I would love to do that! Im keeping my fingers crossed as it has been awhile.
I guess I will pull out my old programs and drawings and take a look at these skid plates...havent looked at the regular crew designs in years :S For those looking for a price and specifics, send me a PM for what you need I can look into it for you. Bare with me though, as they are pretty old and it may take a bit to get organized and fin dit all.
Next summer sounds good to me, just keep me posted and I will come out with you for sure.
Reed, I will go check out that thread for sure. Ill take a look at lunch and post some thoughts. anything i can do to help I will :)

dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

pm sent about the skids bubaloo1983
Last edited by dozer1530 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Welcome back. Seems like you were a popular guy with the skidz flares. Very nice product. Hopefully that place has your molds still. Would be cool if someone would possibly put em to use. If you ever did another run I might be interested, depending on cost. But I'm not holding my breath and can live without. That's all I gotta say on that subject. lol.

Hope you stick around.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

dozer1530 wrote:i need oil pan gard and front skid plate. and maby more depending on price. so let me know once you here from them and we can talk about it :D
I just found my old carbon fiber oil pan/diff skid if you are interested? Btw, you need some special gm bolts for that skid, I got mine at gm parts direct for like $8 each I think? I know, it's crazy. You need 4.

For the front skid.... If you find a used one you got luckkkkky. Check eBay every few days. Though I have only seen one myself. J bought mine new from gmpartsdirect for like $130?
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

pm sent fallvitals
michaelhrgn
Crew
Crew

Post by michaelhrgn »

i really hope you can get ahold of thows molds, if hj gets them iam sure he will figure out a way to pull some more flares!!! i know i would be intrest in a pare of rear flares.
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Heres hoping on the molds guys! Still waiting to here from them. Im keeping my fingers crossed! Ill stick around. Mostly I just get busy and for get to check sites im on lol. But its always fun talking crews and its making me want to mod my canyon now! Such a good infuence haha. Perhaps a lift is in the making!

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Justin, good to see you on here again. I'm pretty scarce around here nowadays since my crew was forcibly traded in (broadsided @ 50mph, then flipped). My flares and skid plates held up 'till the end, or atleast until the truck started rolling. :lol:

Thanks a ton for your work. While it was short-lived, I enjoyed my flares alot. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

WOW, Walt. As soon as I saw that name on the postings I had to say "Hello". :wave: I don't recall seeing a post from you in awhile. Hope all is well.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yep, I'm still around. I like to check in every once and a while, but three toddlers and a busy job makes that a bit difficult. Hope you're all doing well! :)

sent from my android
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...