I'm back... Blazer to replace the Jimmy...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

dougg01
Crew
Crew

I'm back... Blazer to replace the Jimmy...

Post by dougg01 »

I'll shrink some pics and post later.

the jimmy is slowly being dismantled and the Blazer is the recipient of much liberated hardware.

It wil be as the Jimmy and then we will go forth with body lift, skidz cuts, eventually an 8.5, 3.73s, 33s, etc.

Its a Red 1997 and most things are moving over. It's lighter and has the tailgate which we prefer to the full hatch. Structure and cosmetics are better than the Jimmy. With touch ups, more cleaning, etc it'll be quite presentable.

I expect it to be at least as capable as the Jimmy was and move on from there.

It will get wheeled some, but if we can find some money we will be looking for an XJ or something as a street-legal rig. That will get chevy power from a 4.3 or SBC.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: I'm back... Blazer to replace the Jimmy...

Post by HenryJ »

I too am in the process of installing salvaged parts from the last rig. I don't envy your task.
Congrats on the new rig. Can't wait to see pictures.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dougg01
Crew
Crew

Post by dougg01 »

I might just link the albums off photobucket because resizing to post is no tmy favorite task.

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll13 ... 001/James/
The old - 2000 GMC Jimmy

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll13 ... dventures/
Wheeling the old

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll13 ... ts-blazer/

The new 1997 Blazer with parts from the old
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Good luck with the mods.

I was a little confused when I saw the picture of my truck on your Photobucket. :lol:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
dougg01
Crew
Crew

Post by dougg01 »

14x4 wrote:Good luck with the mods.

I was a little confused when I saw the picture of my truck on your Photobucket. :lol:
Stalker. I admit it. I'm trying to emulate the elusive MML across the Internet since it seems no one around here or on blazer forums know what that is. I'll cower back in my corner now and oogle at pictures of 33" tires and eye the cutoff tool.

The stance is perfect to me....The tires fit as they should in the wheelwell without too much clearance, but enough to move. In my case since this is a DD I have to balance what could be done (35s or bigger on a SFA) and what I can afford to replace and deal with on a vehicle that sees up to 15,000mi/yr and my family has to be comfortable with as well.

I will not look forward to putting 3.73s in, but I have to have acceleration or it isn't fun. I'm a drag racer that also goes around corners and now like knobby tires.