Crew Cab storage

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Crew Cab storage

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Hey guys, sorry to say but im going to have to put my crew cab in storage here pretty soon. How long? For like two years. :shrug: I found out today that im receiving orders to Japan here in a little bit. So my question is if im going to be storing my vehicle for this long, what should i do? I know I need to throw some fuel stabilizer in there, but what else? :?:
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Crew Cab storage

Post by HenryJ »

Fill the tank with stabilized ethanol free fuel. Put it up on jack stands. That will take the weight off the suspension. Pull the battery out. That will keep any acid from doing damage. Toss some rat poison in strategic places if rodents might be a problem. Give it a good coat of wax and cover it with a cover.

All ideas that might help.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

All I have to add is a change of the oil before letting it sit.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am sure that Brule read the same ancient sci-fi book, in grade school, but, I just remember fogging the cylinders with something when the plugs are removed and then replacing them.

Something to really look into though. All I did for an almost new '69 Z28 that I had to store for over a year was ask my Dad to start it once a week. Long story-short, he didn't and I was able to push it out of the garage and push it downhill and I popped the clutch and she fired up.

I saw some fogging spray today that was made by Seafoam but, can't tell you anything else.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]