attempted theft

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

attempted theft

Post by dozer1530 »

i got home from work this morning and pulled in the driveway and saw glass on the ground went to look at my cc and saw that some one pop the console trying to get it to start, BUT thanks to the switch i bought from Henry they could not get it to start. they tor all the wires out of the bottom dash under the steering wheel. but no mater what they did it will not start with out my special key :rock: :punch: :roflmao:. the cops showed up and saw the damage and said he was surprised they didn't get it started. and then i showed them y and he had the funny-est look on his face. so ty Henry for selling my that special kill switch it saved my truck :rah:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: attempted theft

Post by HenryJ »

That is just AWESOME! :rock:

I am so glad you used it and it saved your truck. I hope the damage is not too bad and it is back in fine form ASAP. Thanks for the happy ending.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

is he talking bout a battery kill switch? or something else..
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is a battery disconnect switch with key. Hella Battery Master Disconnect switch

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

i have the bottom terminals covered in liquid electrical tap so they cant jump it eather lol.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

good stuff!!!
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Wow you live in a rough area! The only stolen cars we see around here are when the keys are left in them!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

its not that bad. but we do have a few rotten eggs
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Glad to see you had a happy ending and foiled the scum-bags. Kudos to HJ for another great cc addition!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats with the successful loss prevention program! Got the same "key" from HJ, myself. :thumb: I don't think mine is as likely to be stolen. Can't imagine a thief wanting to steal something that can go out on the law enforcement bandwidths as a BOLO for a yellow portable stadium lighting platform.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

lol mine is just about to be there i just need to put the 4 kc flood lights on my rack and ill be there lol
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

got the truck back today. the delor builled my inserence for 3200. lol and i drove it to work wich is about 45 min away and no bugs yet.