Just had some low life break into my truck

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Just had some low life break into my truck

Post by fallvitals »

Went to start my truck to go to work. To live the american dream, only to discover some low life smashed my dash all to hell to steal my Alpine mp3/cd player. Cobra DV 4? CB, I think a few CDs, a NRA multitool. Shockingly they saw my amp and 10" sub and left it.

They didnt touch my air compressor, winch accessory bag or some other things.

Called the cops, apperantly I was #2 last night. They got some other Chevy vehicle a couple blocks away.

I forgot to post this, so a while later i return to write... I just got another Alpine unit, similer to my old one, they wanted $229 to install. They gave me $30 off since I was doing it myself, and the theif was kinda enough to leave the radio antenna adapter. I paid $210 out the door.

Went to two salvage yards, neither had a dash panel. GUess ill check ebay, I got a UPS buddy checking with a chevy dealer now to see what kinda deal he can get. If its not bad, I might have a panel tonight.

Ill use one of dads old CBs for the time being a guess.

They didn't even take the face plate holder for the radio (detachable face) They might have needed that!

I know what I did... or rather didn't do.... I forgot to lock it,,, the one time..... I got home and went into the garage to get some deer meat from my freezer, hands full, I didn't lock my truck. The one time.... Becuase if they had jimmyed the door, the alarm woulda went off.

Lesson learned if nothing else. I do have the serial number from my old radio so gonna call the cops and give that to them so they can enter it into their database.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Just had some low life break into my truck

Post by F9K9 »

fallvitals wrote:.......... I do have the serial number from my old radio so gonna call the cops and give that to them so they can enter it into their database.
I doubt that they will take the time to do this. I know it is sad to say it but, most agencies are covered up and you will be lucky just to have a report written for insurance purposes. I'd hit the phone and contact the local pawn shops after you determine if, the owners are required to log SN#s on items like your unit. I keep my crap unlocked to prevent more serious damaged and hope that my "nut case" Shepard will sound off at night.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Well the thing is with our crews, if you lock it twice with the fob, if the lock is jimmied or manually unlocked the alarm sounds. I have a motion light as well, but it just gave em working light.

While installing my new stereo cops came again, neighbor two doors down got hit. They broke out the sliding part of his rear glass on his ranger, not sure what they took, but left a lot of tools. So, coulda been a blessing in disguise, if they broke his window they woulda broke mine. But alarm woulda sounded once they unlocked it.

Anyways, cops decided it was time to try and finger pint. I guess since he was #3, or a old guy. I'm just a hound dumb guy with a "system". There was foot prints, they said they were gonna take pictures, don't think they did. But there was a pop can the their threw out of my truck, the lutinNt bagged it. So maybe they will catch em.

Insurance won't cover it unlesmdeductible is paid. Not that much damage done. Unless they catch em I'm screwed. I'm sure thy won't, but if so I can file a uninsured claim or something.

If there's a lot of typos, sorry on iPhone and after so far down I can't read what I'm typing.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Also, the luitinant personally wrote down the serial number it seems like they are really trying now. I don't think these guys will stop until caught.
ckholloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ckholloway »

Bummer!! Always remember locks only keep out the honest people.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

No prints. They were wearing gloves.

But a neighbor found a CB radio in their yard. Asked if it was mine. It was. Looks fine, haven't tried it yet. But that will save me about $50 or so.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Well, got my replacement dash. It was from a 01 s10 I think. I have an 03. Got it all together and the cut out for the radio and hvac controls are a little off. Thought there wasn't a difference, oh well.