Knocking noise in reverse???

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Knocking noise in reverse???

Post by quickbiker »

K, dunno if this is the correct place to put this, but...

When I put my truck in reverse and hit the gas, I get a rather loud thump right in the center hump where the center thingy is. I thought it was the tranny mount, but I went underneath and it feels as solid as can be. Has anyone experienced this? Maybe Hobbie, since he seems to experience everything first? LOL
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ya, well i have experienced that one yet, but ya, i would say tranny mount.....something is loose...sounds like your rear shaft might be pushing on something when you start rolling mabey...dunno, just guess

how about i come over and get under the truck and then you back up and see what happens :idea:

probably will get a bigger bump than before :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

LOL, I actually thought about that, having my wife in the cab and me underneath, but then I reconsidered. :!:

:lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:LOL, I actually thought about that, having my wife in the cab and me underneath, but then I reconsidered. :!:

:lol:

i seem to be a bit on the redneck mechanic side of things, if i were there, i would have no problem laying down in the back seat and hanging out the side looking under and seeing whats up.....good thing i am not there, we would get into too much trouble with our wives :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Oh, that's a better idea than laying underneath! LOL

I may have did something yesterday wheeling. I climbed over some big log. I forgot to get pics though. I always try every challenge that comes my way. Gary was on the ride also! He had a great time. The weather was perfect. Pics will be on on the club site soon.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:Oh, that's a better idea than laying underneath! LOL

I may have did something yesterday wheeling. I climbed over some big log. I forgot to get pics though. I always try every challenge that comes my way. Gary was on the ride also! He had a great time. The weather was perfect. Pics will be on on the club site soon.

ah man, i wanted to be the first to get a group crew off road shot. hope yall did some good posing :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ha, we'll see how they all come out.

OK, now I feel stupid, well forgetfull anyhow. I fixed my thumping noise. I was also having intermitten AC outages. I checked my low side presure and was about 41 which is excellent. Then I was like chit! I left the oil fill cap off and had a rag laying on the engine and the oil funnel laying there. Was like that all day wheeling Saturday. A big :idea: went off in my head and I realized that what was thumping against my firewall. I got my wifey's little hands in there and she got it out. So, problem solved. I also figure it was smashing against a wiring harness that caused my AC outages. :?

:D

Still got my ABS light on. BUt I figure I'll clean the sensors when I rotate the tires.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

paul, where are the sensors for the abs???? i need to know too
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

They are right near the rotors. I remember seeing them when I did the lift. And I looked the other day, don't remember what the rear ones look like. I'm just kinda wing'n it and will see what's up when I pull my wheels. :?
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

The sensors are only on the front. The easiest way to get at them is take off the brake caliper and rotor. You should be able to spot them real quick as it is the only thing with a cable coming off of it. Be careful not to get any dirt in the hole that it comes out of, it will mess up your bearing.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]