put seafoam in the CC today

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

put seafoam in the CC today

Post by riceburnr2005 »

what a cloud of white smoke!! I was due for an oil change so i picked some up. The ticking in my motor went away almost immediately, which i thought was pretty cool. Then i filled it up with some Mobil1 full syn. Runs like butter.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: put seafoam in the CC today

Post by F9K9 »

Toss some in the crankcase before the next oil change. I love SeaFoam!!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ckholloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ckholloway »

Just a warning. Keep in kind that I am also a huge fan of seafoam and I sell a ton of it.
I spoke with the Rep for the company and he says "DO NOT PUT IT IN THE CRANKCASE OF A HIGHER MILEAGE MOTOR, DO NOT..." His claim was that it cleans a little to well and in some older motors it has caused complete engine failure when out in the crank case.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I picked up a can of the seafoam the other day, only becuase reed raves about it. I dont spend the time here I once did, but im always lurking, directions say 1/3 in gas, 1/3 in crankcase (will do it 200 miles before oil change) and last 1/3 in the pcv valve? But Im not sure we have one? Where do i pour it in at for that cleaning portion?

Ironically my crew had a rough idle the day after I bought the seafoam... so it might help, but hasnt idled rough since.
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

disconnect the vaccum hose going into the booster chamber behind the master cylinder. SLOWLY pour it in there a little at a time.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
So fine ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by So fine ZR5 »

So this stuff really works and you guy swear by it?! My C.C. only has about 62000 miles on it and well I'm coming up on a oil change. So i was wondering if i should follow though with the Seafoam?!
A little advie here please?! :?:
JORSWIFT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JORSWIFT »

I am new to the GMC S-10 Trucks. Anyone have pics on where to pour the seafoam in? I have used it in the past and it has done wonders!
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

i just seamfoam'dthe CC yesterday, got rid of the slight tick i had and it idles smoother now too. i love.

heres a short vid of the smoke haha

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 0&comments
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Facebook video? Not gonna work too well I don't think. Lots don't have an account or aren't your friend so cannot view due to privacy.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

ah. ill have to repost then. but by then i only had it uploaded to facebook
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
JORSWIFT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JORSWIFT »

Yea, cannot view the video as I do not have a Facebook account. Where did you put the seam foam in at?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

JORSWIFT wrote:Yea, cannot view the video as I do not have a Facebook account. Where did you put the seam foam in at?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Is an oil change necessary for sea foam? I read somewhere that it is not necessary, but I trust you guys more.
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

nebby58 wrote:Is an oil change necessary for sea foam? I read somewhere that it is not necessary, but I trust you guys more.
If, you don't add it to the crankcase then there is no need. I never think ahead to add it to the oil before a change. 1/3 in the booster line and 2/3s in the fuel tank.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

If you do decide to put it in the crankcase though what i do is throw in there maybe a gas tank worth of miles before doing the rest of the seafoam process.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Well, I'm about 1,000 miles away from an oil change. Just got done. I think I put too much in the gas tank, because at first it didn't want to ignite. This will NOT be the last time I use this product. Everything in the engine seems well lubricated now.
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

F9K9 wrote:
JORSWIFT wrote:Yea, cannot view the video as I do not have a Facebook account. Where did you put the seam foam in at?
Your engine bay is too clean. Makes mine look like crap. :(
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

raven2510 wrote:
F9K9 wrote:Image
Your engine bay is too clean. Makes mine look like crap. :(
I swear that guy got out his towels and started detailing the engine every morning while on the Moab trip. It might have morning and evenings? ;)
I was embarrassed to open my hood and suffer ridicule. Only one person I have seen with cleaner stuff...Jim's undercarriage :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK