XM Radio

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

XM Radio

Post by JaVeRo »

A few months ago I bought a 2006 Silverado that has an XM Radio paid up until this month. It's one of those thing that I never wanted because I never had it. Now I am considering it.

I bought this truck for the weekends to pull the travel trailer, boat, gooseneck or whatever. The problem is, I won't drive this truck 5000 miles in a year. My work truck (company owned) is also a 2006 Silverado and I put 35k to 50k a year on it. Both (appear to) have the same factory radio. Would it be possible to rig the XM to where I can unplug it from one truck and swap it back and forth as needed? I know I would have to add an antenna. I just don't know how integrated this XM receiver is.

Any advice would be appreciated.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: XM Radio

Post by HenryJ »

I am pretty sure the module is VIN locked and will not transfer without being reprogrammed.

On another note, I highly recommend the $3 input mod. This can be used as an input for your MP3 player. I plug in my Ipod. Easily done to both rigs.
The link and details are in the Avalanche Help! thread.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

Thanks,

I sure would have been mad (at myself) if I had swapped it to the work truck only to find that out later.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Get a portable unit, that you can move from truck to truck. Or you can add a device to your current account for about 9 bucks more.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]