This week's severe weather

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

This week's severe weather

Post by Walt »

Anyone else in the south get to close for comfort to some of these tornadoes?

Sent from my Android
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: This week's severe weather

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like you might have a story?

I thought about you and the whole Katrina thing. On the map it looked like you were clear of the twisters. That was some comfort.

Seen this picture? Tornado path image

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

We didn't get any tornados, but a lot of rain and straight line winds of 40 to 65 MPH. HJ, that is a telling picture.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

rlrnr53 wrote:We didn't get any tornados, but a lot of rain and straight line winds of 40 to 65 MPH. HJ, that is a telling picture.
No intent to minimize anybody here but we had a freaky late snowstorm/blizzard on April 15 with those kinds of wind and 6-10 inches of heavy wet snow. That builds 5 foot plus snow drifts in a hurry. No mail that day as the trucks bringing it to offices couldn't get through the highways for the accidents and snow and stranded state plows. Took about a week for the snow to all disappear due to continued daily 15-35 mph winds and temps in the 50-70 degree range. Had another strange wind storm a couple nights ago with wind in the 40-60 mph ranges. No precip but definitely windy. :whew: 8)
Hope everyone in or near the storm areas hit by the tornadoes finds all their loved ones in good health although I know some will not so prayers for comfort for them will have to suffice. :(
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Roadrunner, you can keep the snow! I've had enough for a long time. NWS is predicting temps in the mid to upper 30's here Tuesday night with a rain/snow mix. I'm hoping they are wrong, the s word brings out the stupidy in people around here when driving. I don't want to see any more snow before I retire, only 53 days to go!
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]