Some Great Quality Time with My CC

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Some Great Quality Time with My CC

Post by F9K9 »

I've been neglecting my CC, as of late. I mean that I have been avoiding putting miles on the "short school bus" with all of my wife's doctor runs and all of the other trips that I have to do. Reasoning is that the cc doesn't beat my Jeep mileage wise. A lot of it may be my use of the skinny pedal but, the fact still remains that I get 15 mpg with my Rubicon running 5.13s with 35" tires and I get 15 mpg with the CC on 33s and 3.73 gears. The heep has 115K and the CC has less than 50K. For important medical runs, we run her '04 Grand Cherokee that has over 150K on it but, get's 20+ mpg. Her Cherokee is the "go to" form of transportation and the CC is our "hole card".

Yes, I guess that I am rambling on here but, I had a point to make here when I started all of this. What was it? Oh yeah, been driving the "hole card" and didn't know what I was missing. I'm fortunate to have been the original owner and have religiously followed the recommendations found in this forum. I'm talking things like coolant substitutions, transfer case switches, tail gate cables........etc.

My seat time in the CC, the last few days, has been a sweet reward for me. I even found time to hand wash and throw a coat of wax on the aging beast. My running with the "heep" crowd let me run out of "tire shine" but, I think she still has it.

Will post them up tomorrow, hopefully.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Some Great Quality Time with My CC

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb: :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It ran a little warm (230*) Saturday afternoon when on the interstate in our 98* weather but, I really don't sweat the temps like I used to. Cleaning out between the rad and ac condenser will probably cure that issue. Probably black bird nesting material in there.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

She's just as beautiful as I remember. :mrgreen:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

14x4 wrote:She's just as beautiful as I remember. :mrgreen:
Thanks! Could use a little tire shine but, I was out of it.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Lookin good Reed! My poor little CC has probably been melted into coffey cans or something by now. I honestly still miss that truck :(

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Hard to believe yours will be gone 5 years this coming December. Do you recall if, yours or Walt's went first? :?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I clearly remember when Walt's truck was totalled, but I think mine was gone first. My ZR2 has over 130k miles now. It only had 26k when I bought it! My SS still has less than 75k miles even though it is 15 years old now. Like I said I still miss my CC. It didn't have alot of back seat space or bed space, but it was very versatile and served me well.

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

*sniff*sniff*

I lost mine in either August or September of 2008...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...