2013 Colorado

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2013 Colorado

Post by green02crew »

Check this link out:
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en ... olorado_us

Looks like an Equinox with a bed.

One can only hope they smarten up and keep these engine options: The base engine displaces 2.5 liters 4 cyl diesel and generates 150 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Then there's an optional 2.8-liter turbo version of the same engine rated at 180 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque. In addition to the extra power, the 2.8-liter engine also gets a new six-speed automatic transmission. A five-speed manual optional.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 2013 Colorado

Post by 14x4 »

Looks "nice." But its way too fancy for my tastes - too dainty. The diesel engine is interesting though.

I'm waiting to see the GMC All Terrain!
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Do you think the All Terrain will actually go into production? Dodge and Ford do offer their own offroad vehicles so this might have a spot in the market.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

You know, after looking at that Colorado again, it's not as bad as I thought. But I'm not drooling over it. It reminds me a lot of the 2012 Ranger (not being sold in the US).

I'm almost positive the All Terrain is a sure thing. I could have sworn I read that it goes into production in 2013 and that it is replacing GM's original idea of a ZR2 Silverado. GM definitely needs something to go up against the Raptor and Power Wagon.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Don't forget about the new Ram Runner . Not a production vehicle but, a kit that Dodge sells to compete with the Raptor.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

In a french Web-magazine they give an information from a Chevrolet source explaining that the Colorado base will be used to create a new SUV to "fill" the Blazer and Trailblazer markets windows .
It's in French but I hope that some of you will understand .

http://www.leblogauto.com/2011/10/le-ch ... dium=email

The title means : " Chevrolet Trailblazer ......The come back .
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Those photos are pretty good. It looks like a 7/8 scale Toyota tundra.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

From the article wrote:New 2.5L and 2.8L turbo diesel engines that produce broad torque bands engineered for excellent cargo and towing capability will be offered.
Anybody know how much that trailer & skid steer weigh?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Just a guess, but that trailer should gross under 8k. I'd say it probably weighs close to 5k.

EDIT: I'm probably wrong. Looks like a Skid steer is around 8K operating weight alone.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I did a little googling, bobcat & jcb each have model around 4-5k #s (four wheeld like in the photo) add the tandem axle flat bed trailer at a conservative 1500#s and that's some pretty impressive towing from 180hp (assuming that's the 2.8L turbo diesel). Show me 25-30 mpg and that could make the barches a two vehicle family. :thumb:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am betting they will choke the mileage out of it down the the mid twenties if it even makes it past US emissions standards.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

barch97 wrote:Image
From the article wrote:New 2.5L and 2.8L turbo diesel engines that produce broad torque bands engineered for excellent cargo and towing capability will be offered.
Anybody know how much that trailer & skid steer weigh?
Nice next vehicle I may have to go back to a pickup 8)
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.