steve2003 in the house!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Scmelton
Regular
Regular

steve2003 in the house!

Post by Scmelton »

Hello all, this is steve2003. I forgot my pass word and have changed my email. Glad to see you guys still here. I traded my truck in two years ago for a tundra. Love the tundra, but miss the S10. I was having way to many mechanical problems and was at 100,000 miles. Not having a truck payment sure was nice for a while. I love the tundra, the thing is a beast and has way more power then I will ever need unless I get a travel trailer. It pulls my boat like nothing.

Take care....Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: steve2003 in the house!

Post by HenryJ »

:rock: Glad you popped back in!

Lots of us have gone fullsize too. Kinda wondered what happened to you.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

HenryJ wrote: Kinda wondered what happened to you.
When The site went down I only had contact with Reed. I asked him what had happend and he said he didn't know. When I changed my internet provider I lost contact with Reed. How is Reed anyway? I see he still post here.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

He is still here and still has his "yellow bus". I suspect he will be the oldest crew cab owner, if he is not already. Wait! I guess I should have wrote longest term owner ;)

How long ago did you sell your Crew Cab? I sold mine a couple years ago now. We are now exploring in an Avalanche

The Tundra is a pretty cool rig. I have a friend here who is driving one that looks just like yours.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

That's cool Reed still has his bus LOL! I bought the tundra two years ago this month. It's 4wd with the 5.7 and 4.30 gears. I was kinda worried about the gass mileage, but it get's a little better then S10 did. I also last year landed a new job that is just three miles from my house, so I'm saving big time on gas. I was driving 65 miles a day at my last job. How do you like the Avalanche? I had allways wanted one, I really liked the look and spaciousness of them.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That Tundra will really shine pulling a trailer. Your power and mileage is better than mine. Sounds like we both went fullsize about the same time.
I finally have the Avalanche to its "happy place". All the stuff I missed from the S-10 are now in place, plus a few comforts. The size is good. Plenty of elbow room. Heated leather seats are wonderful! Ride and power are nice. Mileage is a little less than the S-10, but acceptable for what we get in return.

I still miss the S-10 at times. Tight trails and the tough little truck look. I am getting past it rapidly though.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Pics of the Tundra!
HenryJ wrote:How long ago did you sell your Crew Cab? I sold mine a couple years ago now.
That long already?! Holy...
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

14x4 wrote:Pics of the Tundra!
Here she is all stock except for the step bars. I have a 3/1 level kit I'm going to put on it with some black moto metal 951's wrapped in a 295/70/18 nito terra.

border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

HenryJ wrote:He is still here and still has his "yellow bus". I suspect he will be the oldest crew cab owner, if he is not already. Wait! I guess I should have wrote longest term owner ;)

The Tundra is a pretty cool rig. I have a friend here who is driving one that looks just like yours.

Wait a minute there, I still have mine and it was made before GM was even selling them here.... Oh, I also upgraded to the Fullsize. My Sonoma needed a big brother to look up to :D

[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I stand corrected! You are indeed the longest term owner and the earliest crew cab vehicle owner :bow:
(must be the mind going) ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

^^ nice rock warrior!

I got the 3/1 level put on, but I chickend out on the black wheels, just could'nt do it. I went with fuel octane in chrome wrapped in nitto terra grapplers 295/70/18

crappy cell phone pics and it's overcast here.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks GREAT! Those wheels almost look like some sort of robotic lifeform :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

Thanks Brule. I drive a semi for a living and got a new job last year delivering tires to discount tires in Ca, Az, Nv, and UT. I got a great deal on this set up that I just could'nt refuse. I'm getting a little bit of rub on the front inner fender well, it's just a little plastic piece, I plan on heating it up and pushing it forward a bit and then drilling new holes for the screws. I'm getting a little hum in the tires on highway speeds, never noticed that with the bfg's. All & all I'm real happy with this set up so far.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I had to heat gun and trim mine quite a bit to keep the inner fenders from rubbing on mine too. I'd much rather do that than raise it up lots. I like tires that fill the wheel well nicely.
What have you done to correct the speedometer? Are you running a programmer?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:...I also upgraded to the Fullsize. My Sonoma needed a big brother to look up to
You really do have great taste in rides! They are all very nice. Clean and tough, two wheels and four.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

I agree about filling up the wheel well. Another thing I don't like is the tires sticking out way past the wheel wells. I just got the wheels and tires on this morning and need to get my gps out of my work truck to check the speedo. I haven't driven it much, but I don't think my tranny is shifting quite right. Hypertec makes a programer that changes the speedo and shift points, but doesn't read dtc's. I will give it a few days ans see if I need the hypertec. It is a lot cheaper then the one for the S10's.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I really like my BullyDog GT. It reads codes, has gauges and minds my mileage. Nice visual reminder to ease up on the gas.
Stay away from the Superchips tuners. Not good.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

Thanks for the heads up on the chips an tunners etc. I don't think Bullyldog makes one for the tundra. There is a chip made for the tundra but from what I've herd it's worthless. No one has come out with a tunner yet, from what I here they can't crack toyota's code. Toyota does make a supercharger made by trd that toyota will warrante if they install but it's like 6 grand. the tundra has plenty of power for me, a superchsrger would just get me in trouble.

tundra vs mustang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zbzbDYiIjU

tundra vs corvette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9E6AWsK ... ure=fvwrel
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wow, you're right, Bully Dog doesn't do the Toyota :( Neither does Diablo Predator :(
Looks like the Hypertech speedometer calibrator might be your best option? Seems like Reed had another vendor for a speedometer calibrator?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Steve, which leveling kit did you use? Truck looks good. I'd like to level mine up front.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Scmelton
Regular
Regular

Post by Scmelton »

I'm not quite sure. I got it for free and it came in a generic box, a spacer for up front and a 1" block for the back.
A lot of tundra guys like the LRO or readylift, some get the one from ebay that is about half the price as the name brand ones.
Also consider the bilstein 5100's, they will give you 2 1/2 of lift up front.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.ph ... -kits.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-Toyot ... es&vxp=mtr

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=72

Check out this site http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/