SANDY Tornado

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SANDY Tornado

Post by Serge PETIT »

We have just seen terrific photos on the French TV . We hope that no one of you is in trouble with this so difficult situation . Crossing strongly our fingers !
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: SANDY Tornado

Post by mars2878 »

I'm in Massachusetts.
My family & I r fine, thank u 4 asking.
We only lost pwr 4 a split sec., list a couple of down spouts & branches.
Nothing serious.
My in-laws live across town (4 miles away).
They lost some branches & pwr about 6pm Monday & still have not gotten it back as of my typing this.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

Happy that you and your family are safe and have only "minor", if I can say like that , troubles .
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Here in southern West Virginia, just wind and about 16" of heavy wet snow. So far we haven't lost power here, but there's about 60,000 around the state that have. While I was out this morning, I passed power crews from Texas and Arkansas that were brought in to help restore power.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

In new york/ nj area here and things are devistating. My entire childhood at the jersey shore is gone. The beach boardwalk and all the rides are destroyed. Thousands of homes were lost. My boat on dry dock was found across the river in the middle of a golf course. Me, my family and friends and my two cars made it thru without any problems. My truck was 3 feet off the ground strapped to a frame machine indoors thankfully so it has no damage.

My job however, is a mess. The tunnels for amtrak going to NY are filled top to bottom with water. We started running trains with limited service today to newark NJ from points south and west. There is no timeline to when they will begin service to NY as not only are the tunnels damaged but so was the station and about 300 pieces of commuter railroad equiptment including 25+ brand new 9 million dollar locomotives.

The new york city subways south of 34th street are heavily water damaged some still with water in them from floor to ceiling. The timeline for restoring them is unknown. They said we are at something like 20 billion plus in damages in the area alone. I hope everyone else made it thru okay transportation, citiesm and economies can be rebuilt but our friends family and loved ones can not be replaced.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

I wish sincerly that you, your family and friends will recover very fast your previous living conditions .
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Yep, in central Jersey here, all the poles on mmy street are snapped so we'll be without power for quite some time. Fam are fine tho, running on generators and the fireplace.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Im over in clark we just got power back last night finally. If you need power or hot water for anything let me know I am close by. I know this is hard for people so my family and friends have been trying to reach out to those in need.

Tonight history was made and the first train began hauling passengers back to NYC. Amtrak is going to be doing just fine and should be 100% pretty soon. NJ Transit is still pretty bad.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ