Impala Foglight Retainer / Clip

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Impala Foglight Retainer / Clip

Post by barch97 »

Mrs barch hit a raccoon on her way into work and took out the passenger side foglight in out '08 Impala. The light and wiring is intact and fuctional but dislodged from the now missing black plastic insert (picture below). I was about to order a replacement when I realized it required some number of "Retainer(s) / Clip(s)". I can't seem to find a reliable part number for the exact clip required or how many are needed. Hoping that one of you guys with access to GM repair/parts manuals can help me out?

[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Impala Foglight Retainer / Clip

Post by ApproachMedium »

Your local auto body shop should be able to tell you. I dont think a service manual is going to have a breakdown of parts? You may be able to find the info on RockAuto.com. Otherwise the only people with access to that kinda info would be a body shop or the dealer.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Impala Foglight Retainer / Clip

Post by barch97 »

Thanks for the reply. Turns out the only clips were the ones holding the bumper shroud in place. I was able to snap the fog light insert in place without removing any of them.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]