Converting 96 s10 blazer into pickup

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Countryasian
Regular
Regular

Converting 96 s10 blazer into pickup

Post by Countryasian »

Hey yall, I was thinking about a possible project of converting my cousin's blazer into a pickup.

He has a 96 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3 and we were brainstorming on how we possibly could convert it without a kit. The two main ideas were to either:
1) chop from the front two seats back and replace with a bed (junkyard or scrap yard), the only concern was weight distribution and if it would support the weight of an object. :!: How to seal the cab, either welding a sheet of metal to the frame and putting a window in, and seal it? :shrug:

2) Chopping the top of the cab off and hollowing the inside out, (taking out the seats, carpet, disconnecting electrical systems, etc.) Then laying sheets of metal down and lining it. Would have to weld the rear doors shut... :?:

Then possibly (if the project works out, lifting the sucker) 8)

I don't know if any of yall have thought about this or done it.

Any helpful input or ideas would be great. Thanks guys. :D
2001 Chevy S10 Crew LS 4.3 2.5" keys & shackles, 31/10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's, K&N CAI

"Yeah I'm turnin' off of real life drivin' that truck, hittin' easy street in mud tires."
SomethingDifferent
Regular
Regular

Re: Converting 96 s10 blazer into pickup

Post by SomethingDifferent »

Something like this?

This is a 2wd blazer converted to a pickup
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I'm having troubles linking the pictures, but check out these builds.

The main focus of this thread is not the chopped top. Post #109 has a good side profile picture. This one is a 4 door blazer on a full size frame with the back cut off.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/93 ... luggy.html

Then there is this one. Posts # 28 and 51 show the body mounts. This one is an extended cab on a full size frame.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/77 ... build.html

This guy built his own frame. Posts # 78 and 98. This one is an extended cab on a custom frame.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/10 ... build.html

More info, and of course, pictures, please. :wave:

What's the purpose of this?
Countryasian
Regular
Regular

Post by Countryasian »

@SomethingDifferent yeah kinda but we were thinking a long the lines of a single cab

@_STUCKY yeah all those are very nice toys, thanks boss :D

And as for the purpose, we thought that it would be something unique, a fun project we could work on together. Like where I live in Roanoke, Va. I am the only one with a lifted CC, (including ZR5's). There are several lifted CC Colorado's around here and they all seem to enjoy my truck. They say they like it because it's unique, no one else around has one. Just like my best friend has a lifted Liberty, this project is gonna hopefully become a daily as well :thumb:
2001 Chevy S10 Crew LS 4.3 2.5" keys & shackles, 31/10.50s on Cragar Soft 8's, K&N CAI

"Yeah I'm turnin' off of real life drivin' that truck, hittin' easy street in mud tires."