Built2Bend built thread.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Built2Bend built thread.

Post by Built2Bend »

We'll to start off this will be very slow I dont make as much money as i would like to so I can only buy parts little by little. This is kinda just a place to post all my work, mods, and service to keep track. And if I ever sell my truck I can point the new owner here for all the info they'll need to take care of it. Also warning my English and spelling are terible I know.
Enof of that a few pictures and info on my truck.
This is how I first got my truck I bought it from the dealer ship I work at with around 145,000 or so
First thing I did was remove the bed cover (it was shreaded and no good).
The 2nd day I owned it. I wanted to see how we'll 4x4 worked so I just took it through an empty field. Nothing to crazy.
Me helping my brother haul fire wood.
Now if any one has seen my introduction then you know I had some problems when I first got my truck. I had to replace a starter, thermostat, intake gaskets(engine was mixing oil and coolant), and also my ball joints I don't have any pictures except of my ball joint. Witch was bad enof that it destroyed my spindle and I was lucky I dident ruin my lower control arm also.
Here in the only picture I took of my bad ball joint. I replaced the junk spindle with one I bought from a local junk yard.

I have a lot of pictures of parts I already bought to install on my truck as soon as time and other pArts allow
As you can see from my pile of parts I plan to switch to as s10 front end( a little hard to tell but the hood I have has a few small scratches in it so I'm not sure If I'm going to use it) and air bag. Also I have some metal skid plates but they are off a zr2 blazer. So the front skid won't work from what I've read. So soon it will be for sale. sadly I'm missing the little brackets to attach the under engine skid plate so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. I bought a set of add a leafs of eBay and haven't installed them yet. And what isent pictured is my pitman arm and idler arm I have ordered all ready. I'm still waiting to get them In the mail. I got some other small parts for the interior of my truck but they're airnt worth taking pictures of. Just a couple sun visors(mine are broken).
My truck is having a few minor problems at the moment. So once I address those I will start more mods and up grades.
Some of the problems are as follows.
Steering loose (parts on the way)
Rear o2 sensor seting ses light
Left front abs acts up some time when not needed

After I fix all that I want to add a roof rack, upgrade alternator, big 3 upgrade, install larger radiator(truck gets a little warm when hauling), and what ever else I can. Adventualy I would like to stretch it to a 6ft bed and sas it on 37s. But that looks a LONG way off.
Anyway thank you for reading. That was a little long but I tryed to include as many pictures as possible. If you have any questions and advise feel free to let me know. I've been reading forums for years and am happy to finely be apart of one.

I just noticed my pictures are Zoomed in quite a bit I'll have to work on fixing that.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Built2Bend built thread.

Post by Built2Bend »

We'll I figured I better put in what's going on. I now have a new pitman and idler arms. So soon I hope to install that. But I also noticed my inner and outer tie rods airnt looking to good so those will be needed soon :rant: after that I'll align it and mount my new to me tires. (My fronts are pretty bad)

Also the part I'm excited about! This weekend I'm planing to go to my local junk yard and pull a 14 bolt FF out of a c30 cab an chassis. Witch if I'm right from what I've read in 63" wms to wms so I'll have that for if I here get to sas this truck like I want to.

Now I need a little help. I installed 4 moot ball joints in my truck. But both my uppers won't hold grease? I'm n it sure why I installed one with the little metal thing it came with and one with out becoulse I wasent Sher witch way would be best (the directions sucked). So if any one has installed these please let me know if you have this same problem? And in not how did you install them? Any other advise?
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

We'll quick up date on some of what I've done. first I installed 1.5in hub centric wheel spacers here's a couple pictures
Before
Before

This is after
After
Sorry those airnt the best pictures it was about to rain so I was in a huge hurry so I wouldent get wet

More to come gotta take pictures
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Been a while. Got a lot done to my truck today. I changed both from axles and front hubs. I also installed a bravada shaft. I need to delete the actuator still and I'm not exactly sher how to do it. So any help with that would be great. I can't post any pictures because photobucket won't work on my cell phone.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Hello everyone damn it’s been years since I’ve stopped in here. Sorry about that much has changed this black crew cab is my daily driver and is not in the best shape. I’ve bought another crew cab frame and bare cab that I’m going to build I have the front axles, sas brackets. I’m cutting the ifs brackets off now I’ll up date with pictures when I have more time.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Details? Pics? Questions? Ask questions and I’ll answer them :rock:

:wave:
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Sorry I’m trying to learn how to upload photos again Dose photo bucket work?
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Photobucket has shat the bed. Under full image, copy the img code, paste it here.

While you have it this far apart, I’d recommend jagsthatrun motor mounts that use the 2.8 style mounts, and replacing the rear shackle bushings with polyurethane bushings and not stamped shackles. I’m currently almost done with replacing all spring and shackle bushings and it was a pain with the bed on to do those 2. Stock shackles are 4 inches hole to hole.

What’s the details on your parts that you’re going to use? I see what I believe are Reid knuckles with 4 holes for high steer arms, bling bling.
:wave:
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Sorry I’m computer illiterate I still can’t figure it out I have picture on my iPhone and created that ibb account and still can’t seam to figure it out.

Now my plans the truck is pretty mush just a bare frame and bare cab. A long time ago I picked up a 78 f250 Dana 44 I plan to use but I’m gonna swap the knuckles out the the Reid racing Chevy knuckles that I picked up in that 10bolt for $400 and came with a 14b sf rear axle. I also bought another Chevy 10 bolt that’s 8lug so I can use all of that to build a Dana 44.

I scraped that 14bolt I got and I’m looking for a 14bolt ff but I’m having trouble finding one at a decent price right now. I have 2 sets of Chevy 64in leaf springs I planned to run in the rear and use the factory front leaf hangers and just put in a shackle at where ever the rear of the springs need it at. But the previous owner of this truck cut out the bolt holes on the factory spring hanger to get the rear axle out. So idk what to do with that yet I really don’t have money or knowledge to 4link the rear yet but replacing those spring hangers seams like a ton of work that would be very difficult.

From that I found some one selling a gently used ord sas kit minus the shock mounts with 3in waggy lift springs for $450 so I jumped on that and have those to hang my 44.

I’m still cutting off the ifs frame brackets it’s taking forever because I only have a cordless grinder and I go thru my 6 battery’s in about 30mins of cutting.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Sounds like a good start. For the rear spring hangers and shackles, look at ruffstuff. That should give you some good ideas for what is available. Something else I would do while you have the truck that far apart, is replace the brake line that goes from the front to the back, I just did this like 2 days ago, and it would have been easier with the bed off.

With the hi pinion 44, if you have to regear, look into jantz engineering’s Jana 54 kit. It puts Dana 50 gears into a high pinion 44 housing.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Awesome thanks for the info I’ve been trying to find gears for the 44 I’ll check that out and I’ve already pulled the brake lines off and scraped them I’m thinking with how much I plan to modify this truck I’m gonna have to custom make all my brake and fuel lines. I dident mention but I plan to run a v8 th400 with a chevy203 to ford 205 doubler. I’m still debating what engine to go with but before any of that I need to get it rolling.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Picked up a full flat 14bolt finally cost more than I wanted to spend but $100 ain’t to bad.
[url=https://ibb.co/2YYhZVf]Image[/url
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

I’m still working on tearing down all my front axles to put one back together. And get the left over parts ready to sell

Still can’t figure pictures out some times they wo to some times they don’t idk?