New member. Here is my S10

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HkB115

New member. Here is my S10

Post by HkB115 »

Hey guys
I recently registered for this site. I've been putting it off for the longest time but I might as well get it done. For my first post, it would seem almost required to make a post about my truck. It is still very work in progress and has a few more major modifications coming up when I get the money. It currently has a stock 4.3L v6, but I have plans for a 5.7L swap. The back axles are DANA 44 and the front is DANA 30. I'm planning on getting a DANA 44 built for the front because it is too steep of an angle for the front drive shaft to attach. So yes, it is only rear wheel drive (for now). I will also be getting a MOVE bumper for the front when (once again) I have cash to throw at something. No kits were used in the making of this. I had a lot of help from my dad with the heavier tasks because he's a master welder and has a much larger collection of tools than me. He did most of the part picking for the springs and shocks as well as making the nerf bars.

Last edited by HkB115 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Looks good. Is that the off-road direct kit? What are the axles out of? I think a d35 only came as a front in rangers. The pics are huge, had to save them to look, I don't know how to fix that.

:wave:
HkB115

Re: New member. Here is my S10

Post by HkB115 »

The axles are from a 2014 Jeep jk. I had to get the shackles for the springs made. It's a lot cheaper to make it yourself instead of buying a conversion kit.
HkB115

Post by HkB115 »

Also my mistake, it has a d30 in the front.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Ah jk axles. Explains why you have the same wheels my dad has on his.

Spring over in front? What leaves? I'd like to see the perches, where they land on that axle.

What did you do for the steering and brakes?
HkB115

Post by HkB115 »

As of now, the steering is pretty s$$$. We are looking to get the steering box remade because it has tons of play. We also are going to get a better pitman arm when we get the d44 in it. Every bump throws the wheel a bit. The back is sitting on blocks so that we could figure out how much the springs will sag when they settle, which was more than what we expected, they will be coming out later on.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Looks pretty good.

I did mine with a 2wd Astro box, modified a little. There's a spacer in some boxes to take out to get about 1/4 turn per side at the steering wheel. Astro van steering pump, which is the same as a lot of school buses and full size trucks got. I have a wagoneer pitman arm, ruffstuff y link kit, and low steer on a sua wagoneer 44. No steering stabilizer, no hydro assist, track bar, sway bar etc.

There is some good YouTube videos on doing Saginaw steering boxes. There is a couple threads on pirate and s10forum with good info but Photobucket killed all the pictures.