My future plans....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

My future plans....

Post by adrenalnjunky »

sometimes I feel like I'm invading you guy's community with my Blazer, but dangit I just havent found another forum where I actually get intelligent answers to my questions or observations.

Anyways I stumbled across this pic that I found about a year ago right after I bought my truck -- if I remember right this was a 2 in BL with the Trialmaster 5 inch kit, and 33's on 17 inch rims I think.

Eventually I'd like this to be the overall stance of my ride but you never know -- I'm getting married in February, and the wife may not enjoy me spending my Honeymoon savings on a suspension kit. :-)

Does it look like the truck is too tall in the rear? The nerf bars are level, but the rear looks higher. The Bushwacker flares really make the stance as well in my mind -- $400 or so a set though - eek!
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Hey, anybody is more than welcome here, as long as we don't get those guys from S10 forum with their hats on backward and dropped "dimes". This is more of a 4X4 GM small truck forum, with special emphasis on the Crews. :wink:

That truck looks terrific. I don't think the rear is too high. Heck, there is nobody/nothing inside the thing, it should look like that empty. I don't think the nerf bars are quite level either. They look to me like they have the same slope as the truck frame. They are just shorter, so it is not as noticable over their length. They would mount to the truck following the trucks frame or body, so they should end up with the same slope.

Spend all you can on the truck before you get married. It will all come to a halt after you say "I do." :lol: After that it may take awhile to sway her.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: My future plans....

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:sometimes I feel like I'm invading you guy's community with my Blazer, but dangit I just havent found another forum where I actually get intelligent answers to my questions or observations.
While the primary focus is the crew cabs , there are many things in common for all the S-series line. All are welcome regardless of vehicle make , model, year. Everyone has valuable contributions....Well may be not everyone ;)

Does it look like the truck is too tall in the rear?
Looks OK to me.
The Bushwacker flares really make the stance as well in my mind -- $400 or so a set though - eek!
The four door rear flares add quite a bit to the cost, but ever priced the GM ZR2 flares (not that they would work for a four door, anyway) :shock: you're looking at close to a grand for them :shock:
Last edited by HenryJ on Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Looks sweet! I think it's a great idea to go with bigger rims. That way, you got room to upgrade the rotors if you ever wanted to with bigger ones. Also take some roll out of the tire for better on road drivability.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

now you guys tell me, i got married on the 30th.... well i guess ill just have to start squirrling away money for a rainy day or a new mod... just dont tell the old lady or ill be busted :alert:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: My future plans....

Post by Conman »

adrenalnjunky wrote:sometimes I feel like I'm invading you guy's community with my Blazer, but dangit I just havent found another forum where I actually get intelligent answers to my questions or observations.

Anyways I stumbled across this pic that I found about a year ago right after I bought my truck -- if I remember right this was a 2 in BL with the Trialmaster 5 inch kit, and 33's on 17 inch rims I think.

Eventually I'd like this to be the overall stance of my ride but you never know -- I'm getting married in February, and the wife may not enjoy me spending my Honeymoon savings on a suspension kit. :-)

[img]image[/img]

Does it look like the truck is too tall in the rear? The nerf bars are level, but the rear looks higher. The Bushwacker flares really make the stance as well in my mind -- $400 or so a set though - eek!

Very nice looking. I'm looking at 17" as well but the tire will be much smaller though but that's the look I would like. You goto do it!

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

smokinjoe wrote:now you guys tell me, i got married on the 30th.... well i guess ill just have to start squirrling away money for a rainy day or a new mod... just dont tell the old lady or ill be busted :alert:
A buddy I work with takes his expense checks and cashes them and does not deposit them into the bank for some modification money. :lol: I'm not advocating the practice, I'm just saying........
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

that looks great.

the 17" rim is cool too. esp for everyday driving. the tire is softer on a 17 instead of a 15
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

A buddy I work with takes his expense checks and cashes them and does not deposit them into the bank for some modification money. I'm not advocating the practice, I'm just saying........

well i work for the government so im on salary