New guy...

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

Blacknoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New guy...

Post by Blacknoma »

Hey everyone! prepare for a small book... :wave:
I have been lurking off and on over the years and always admired yall's crews! I have been a s-series owner for almost 10 years now. My first s10 was a 2wd single cab base model 5-speed 2.2l i got for an awesome deal from a repo company. beat the everliving crap out of that truck and it always came back for more with a "please" and "thank you". Did a bunch of stupid stuff to it for no reason really. After many jumps, hill climbs, river beds, and donuts... I was hooked with the s-disease. 4 years later I sold the s10 for a tad over 75% what I paid for it and upgraded to a '00 ZR2 Sonoma. It was beautiful with over $8k worth of body work/paint (2 years old with all receipts) into making it look like it just rolled off the factory floor. only $4k was a steal! :rah:
A little while later I got the wife-to-be an '04 4wd blazer to replace her aweful XJ... needless to say, she loves her blazer. :D
anyway... I knew the truck would not look like this long as I hate having a vehicle that looks great.
-key sappy music- My first car was a Subaru SVX that was in perfect condition and I worked hard at keeping it that way. After beating a rival school in football it was keyed and windows shot out and then my mom backed over the hood in her Durango... and it was all over. All the hours of washing, waxing, worrying, etc. -end sappy music-
So I took the Noma out and got a couple of scratches/dents from trees and what not as soon as I could. It was my daily driver/weekend wheeler for a long time and I would not sell it for $10k if someone was twisting my arm. I love the Noma!. I have polished the t##d IFS for a long time and have spent many hours rebuilding the front end after a wheeling weekend. Long story short, I got married and moved to China and the Noma sat in a field for 3 years. This past summer I came home and with a jump she was off and we hit the creek beds of my parent's property for a month with no problems (other than the motor mounts being trash and falling out... this caused the engine to torque more than normal and popped off the K&N intake tube. Popped it back on and hit the hill). I was surprised that even with the old gas she still ran great! With over 250k on the clock, bedlined floor, black truck, South Texas, extended cab, babies, sun roof, slop IFS that has been wheeled 23094 too many times... The truck needs to be retired to a trailer queen. D60/14BFF 4-links on 40-somethings within 3 years is the plan... lol Driving it down a dirt road at a crawl still sounds like there is an army of midgets hitting the floor pans with hammers.
We will have our first baby any day now and we are moving back the Texas in a month and a half. The Z would not be a baby hauler even if it was in driving condition... My wife's 4-door blazer is perfect and I am a devoted kool-aid drinking s-series follower... and I basically know the trucks inside and out... so the only thing that would make sense was to buy a crew! :evil:
I picked up a 03 s10 crew ZR5 (yellow!!! :rock: ) the other day. been in a small fender bender front and back, but nothing a junk-yard bumper can't fix. It's loaded with power everything, leather, double din dash, fogs, etc... 130k miles. I rolled the dice in not looking at it myself, but I am confident I can fix anything that needs fixing in a weekend. The guy was asking $8k for it, but I got it for $5k. Probably still a little high, but I am happy with that price and that's all that matters. :thumb:

I will see if I can post some pics of my old s10, and the Noma... pic whoring to come!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Blacknoma on Sun May 18, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'00 ZR2 Noma - home-built goodies here and there. Toy
'03 ZR5 S-10 - Stock
'04 4x4 Blazer - t-bar crank to level on 30x9.5's
'83 4x4 IH S1824 - Tow-rig
'13 LiFan 320 - China copy of mini cooper. 1.3l 5-speed, 89hp getting 52mpg
Blacknoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: New guy...

Post by Blacknoma »

My first s10... yes that is a stack... yes it has a tractor rain flap... yes it is stupid... yes it was fun. It was named "Tink Tink" for it's sound at idle. It also had a big rig air horn... like I said, no point, just fun.

The Noma the day I got her

The Noma cleaned up before she got too many dents in her (her prime)

My truck out at BMRA before it kissed a tree

After the tree...

[imgImage][/img]
ready for night wheeling

She looks more or less about the same, just more scratches, dents, and a couple of things ripped off by trees/rocks. I don't have any pictures of the ZR5 yet, but it's a stock yellow ZR5... you all know what that looks like. Just imagine a busted front bumper and a dented rear tailgate... with a chrome rear bumper -puke-
Last edited by Blacknoma on Sun May 18, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'03 ZR5 S-10 - Stock
Blacknoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blacknoma »

fixed the pictures... Here is one more out at a run in Lipan, Texas
From left to right:
My brother's Subrau Brat on 30's (He sold it for $20 when he had to move), My Noma on 33's, My wife's blazer on 30's, my other brother's blazer on 31's, and a buddy's x-terra on 33's.
'03 ZR5 S-10 - Stock
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Great pics. THX and welcome aboard :wave:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blacknoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blacknoma »

Thanks! Seems like this board is pretty quiet lately.
'03 ZR5 S-10 - Stock
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is. Only a few left :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK