Uneven Floor

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Uneven Floor

Post by Joseph »

Has anyone else notice how uneven the floor is under the front seats? My wife's car is bad too and it sits like a low rider, so I understand why her's is. Gee Whiz, we all have 4x4's so whats up with that. I had plenty of cars and trucks in the past. They all had room to put your stuff under them. I normally just keep a pair of gloves, flash light and during winter time a ice scraper. Not with this truck. There's plenty of storage up above. Sometimes having that space under the front seat is handy. The under carriage of the truck mainly cause of this problem. I think GM could of flatten the floor under the front seats better. JH68
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Yeah, not too happy that the transfer case takes up some of the foot room on the pass. side either. Cause i have the power seats, there is no room for anything. Even my molded plastic mats barely clear the seats.

cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey! Be happy the t-case sucks up room under the seat instead of hanging below the frame to get knocked all up on the trail! You ever take a look at the new for rangers? their guts are hang'n all out! But hey, you can probably stuff stuff under the seat. LOL :P
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i know, i like to have a seat that is off the floor so my legs hang. the s-10 seat is right on the floor, i feel like i am in a dirt track car :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I got the power seats because when I sat in one, the seat sat to low I didn't get the option for the leather (I've used two bottles of meguires leather conditioner so far & they still feel like vinyl) I feel the need for the vehicle to fit me.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Lee
Regular
Regular

Seats

Post by Lee »

I have to agree with Hobie. I'm glad that the undercarriage parts take up some of the room inside the cab, it doesn't bother anybody that has ridden in my truck. The truck sits low enough as it is, if the parts sat down any lower than they do, you'd lose something real important the first time you went over a large speed bump.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Seats

Post by Conman »

Lee wrote:I have to agree with Hobie. I'm glad that the undercarriage parts take up some of the room inside the cab, it doesn't bother anybody that has ridden in my truck. The truck sits low enough as it is, if the parts sat down any lower than they do, you'd lose something real important the first time you went over a large speed bump.

I agree that it does protect the tranny stuff better that it's higher but they could have put in a body lift to make the floor flatter. But as someone said here(at the old forum), that GM is afraid of rollovers. Dont' blame them in this sue happy world....... :x

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Seats

Post by a2b »

[quote="Conman"But as someone said here(at the old forum), that GM is afraid of rollovers. Dont' blame them in this sue happy world....... :x

Cheers,

Con[/quote]

that was me :mrgreen:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]