Speaking of Crooked Beds

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Hirolln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Speaking of Crooked Beds

Post by Hirolln »

I was reading the tread (another crew bites the dust) or something like that and someone said something about Hobie's bed being crooked?

So is mine!! I didn't notice it until about 2 weeks after I bought it and was cleaning it up. Its off like and inch or maybe two to one side. What the heck is this??

So Hobie (or others) did you correct yours and how?

Thanks!

Todd :mrgreen:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: Mine was too :lol: It is the "poor fit and finish" that most critics speak of. I corrected mine when I did the body lift.

You will need to loosen all the mounting bolts for the bed and shift it around to where it lines up correctly then tighten all the bolts back down.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Mine was out too, just a little... and like henry I fixed it with the body lift. Doesn't sound as bad as his was... but still a little off.

Easy fix!
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

Mine bed was to. Dealer fix it. They never had a claim on a crooked bed before.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah, mine is stilll crooked, but i dont notice it. mabey cuz i am distracted by my whole rear axel being off centered to the driver side, or mabey its cuz somebody keyed my passengers doors, or mabey cuz my front bumper and light bar are all bent out of shape, hmmmm...and its real dirty :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: Hobie , You're starting to sound like one of those guys you can give a hammer, anvil , giv'em fifteen minutes , they'll have them both broken and no idea how it could have happened? :lol: j/k

Hope it doesn't look as bad as the picture you just painted for us :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK