Good Review

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Good Review

Post by HenryJ »

This section (Stock Forum) seems a bit....negative at times. Thought I'd brighten it up with a review I found :D

He drove, She drove.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

:D
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I saw that review before I bought my Crew. Somewhere on the web, I saw that the Crew won some working women's truck of the year also(something like that).

With the amount of new "members" coming to the forum, it appears, the good price has put the lightly promoted Crew in people's driveways. I think people are starting to realize the s10 crew is a great vehicle.

I think the Taco Crew is a better off-road vehicle, but for the 5k+ price difference, I could put the trailmaster kit and some really nice wheels for less and it will look more trick, and even the off-road playing field. Plus the crew did not have the bland brown interior! Love that Leather! :)

The Nissan Crew has leather, and a really nice "long bed" option, but the SC needs Premium Fuel and the SE V6 is low on power compared to the 4.3. Plus the SE price is higher than a loaded ZR5. Go figure. :)

Cheers,

Con
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:the lightly promoted Crew
:lol: It is sad to say that , that's almost an understatement :!:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
Conman wrote:the lightly promoted Crew
:lol: It is sad to say that , that's almost an understatement :!:

My guess is that they were pushing regular cab fullsize to increase market share against FORD since the Fullsize regular cab would be cheaper than a s10 crew or extended cab. But as one of the reviews for the Colorado states, Regular cabs are going out of flavor for extended and crews.

I'm acutally suprised there is not more advertising for s10s(I only saw one from a GMC dealer for the ZR5 in the paper and one chevy dealer offering 1 dollar over invoice on s10s) since I think someone here said the first allotment of Colorados will be based on S10 volume the dealer sells.

Con
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

thats sweet. i will add it when i get back home....i just love seeing the stock crew cab rollin up that hill....i put the first review on car review.com for crew cabs but i havent been able to find it
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I think a lot of the S-10 are marketed more toward fleet buyers (companies). That's probably where most of the sales are. But by the same token, they should market them more because their better gas mileage (compared to the full size trucks and SUV's) would help to increase GM's CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) since we all know that their full size trucks are terrible on gas mileage. I read something the other day that said something like 4 of the top five worst fuel economy vehicles were GM trucks. :shock: Crazy.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]