P0410 trouble code last night

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

P0410 trouble code last night

Post by Walt »

Hey everyone, my Check Engine Light came on last night so I plugged up my scanner, and I have a P0410 code. My scanner also pulls the speed, RPM, and multiple temp readings at the time the code is activated, and all of that looked ok to me. I checked on the web and I'm not finding alot for that code, mostly just that it is an emissions problem, and nothing specific. I called my local dealer and they could tell me much either.

Any thoughts?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Water in your air pump maybe?
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: P0410 trouble code last night

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:I have a P0410 code?
P0410 is the Air Injection System. H02S Sensors indicate lean condition present when AIR pump is turned on with 8% additional offset fuel being added during closed loop operation. :wink:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here is the link that further explains all DTC's. :)
http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/index.html

Steve
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I just had this code and fixed everything. Here is the link: http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2531

This is what you will probably need to do. Go buy this: 2 check valves (one for each exhaust manifold), buy a new air pump motor and a new 30amp fuse (located between the battery and the fender). Have fun!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Hm...will try the fuse first.

From what I can tell, this is not a critical component is it? Just something GM decided to add to keep the air cleaner?
--Walt
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:From what I can tell, this is not a critical component is it? Just something GM decided to add to keep the air cleaner?
The air injection system adds additional air to the exhaust during warm up to prevent a rich condition that could possibly shorten the life of the catalytic converter. That is all it does. :)

Steve
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Eh, who needs a cat anyway, take it off and save the trouble! :D
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

SomeCrew wrote:Eh, who needs a cat anyway, take it off and save the trouble! :D
I wish I could. :? They do make 02 simulators that you plug into the connector where the 02 sensor should be which will prevent the SES light from coming on, but I would never be able to pass the wonderful CA smog test. :( Oh well.

Steve
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

HJ, does you HPIII or whatever it is have an option for a cat-eliminate? Or do you have to get an actual ECU upgrade / piggy back / reflash...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SomeCrew wrote:HJ, does you HPIII or whatever it is have an option for a cat-eliminate? Or do you have to get an actual ECU upgrade / piggy back / reflash...
HPPIII does not, and I'm pretty sure that would not be legal in most states ;)

I don't know if LS1edit can do that. The O2 sim would probably be the best option if that was what you wanted to do.

Our cat is a pretty good free flowing cat, and I don't think as long as things are running good that it hurts the performance much in a daily driver.

If you were drag racing, I think that the PCM could be flashed to compensate for removal of the cat.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The HPPIII doesn't have any cat delete options. As far as I know Casper Electronics is the only one who makes the 02 simulators. All you do is plug one into the rear 02 sensor wiring harness and go. :) Besides this you would need custom programming to eliminate the cat. PCM 4 Less could probably do this, but I think it costs like $300.

Steve
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

There has to be an ECU reflasher floating around somewhere...
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yea, about the only thing my HPP3 is good for is recalibrating for tire size and gear ratios. I rarely floor my truck so the shift points mean nothing to me, nor does the top speed limiter :P
--Walt
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Just replaced the fuse, it was blown :P Going to try it out when I go to lunch in an hour.
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

It will just blow again. I did the same thing. You will need the check valves and motor. About $200 total I think. I ordered from http://rockauto.com/

When you take the motor off, allot of water will come out of it. The motor is blown. You will need to replace the check valves, cause they are bad and allowing back-blow and condensation into the system. The check valves only let air pass into the manifold when operating properly.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

No light so far, but when it comes on again, I'm taking it to the dealer. Mine is pretty good here, and I'm still under warranty (extended) :D
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Dag nabbit, why are your mess'n with it at all then? lol
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Because if it were a quick fix, I'd rather do that than drive 20 miles to my dealer and have to go through the hassle of leaving it with them. But it looks like I wont be able to avoid that....it came back on....so back to Sullivan Motors it goes :D
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

How many miles you got on that thang???
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

42K now. Bought it last Jan. with 18K on it.
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

wowzers, low miles for that year. Sweet.
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

Is this fuse located in the fuse panel under the hood? the only one I can find that looks remotely related to it is the ENG 1. Or is it another one?
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

k wow, I feel sheepish, just read this and answered my question.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbullet ... p?t=359793
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]