Leaning Sonoma

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

db11053

Leaning Sonoma

Post by db11053 »

Ever since I got my truck its felt like its always leaning to the right. I couldn't tell if it was just because the roads are tilted or not, until I finally measured it tonight.

The driver's side is about 32.5" from ground to the underside of the fender (directly above the tire), and the passenger side is about 31.5", after adjusting the air pressure to be equal...I'm thinking I'll just take it to the dealer...again...and see if they'll adjust the right t-bar. Anyone else have the dealer make this adjustment? I don't want to do it myself, sounds like kind of a big job. Thanks,

-Derek
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mine had the right T-bar backed way out, and the alignment was way off too.

The guy at the alignment shop said "He sees lots of them this way, probably from shipping them to the dealers".

I'm not sure that shipping them would cause it to back off, but I don't argue with the guy working on my truck (most of the time)

If you are still under warranty , the dealer should level it out and re-align it (the first time no charge).

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Randy

Post by Randy »

My Wife's Crewcab was also a leaner, but a trip to the dealer fixed it. They ajusted the T-bars and put it on the alignment rack and now it is level and rides better. :wink:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

almost every crew cab i know, cam with the passenger t-bar cranked 1" lower than the rest. when i raised mine, i had to crank the right one 3.75 turns to get it level with the driver side, which i had only done 3 turns on that t-bar. you can do it your self easy, but you will need an alignment. this is a warranty issue, so go to the dealer, they are supposed to align the vehicle up to 8k miles. my alignment was way off as well. i dont know why they have such a big problem :?
John

Leaners...

Post by John »

Mine was way off. Thought that when I picked it up there was something wrong. Measured about 1" lower on one side. The t-bars were even, though. Which meant that when I cranked the t-bars to level the truck, the truck was level although the t-bars were at different settings. Weird, huh? Had the dealer align it for free.
I WILL have 35's on this thing sooner or later.
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

About 1 month after I bought mine I noticed it was leaning to the right. It was sitting on my basketball court which leans alittle, any how I turn the truck around then it was sitting level. Now I knew then I had a problem. My wife thought I was seeing things. Well, got it fix. Then my dealer raised it too far to the left. Had that fix again. A little while ago my coworker notice his was leaning to. So I went to the dealer and look at other crew cabs guess what, two of the three crew cabs were leaning to. Go figure.
db11053

Post by db11053 »

Took the truck to the dealer, invoice says right side torsion bar set too weak, adjusted front bars to level vehicle. I think both bars were adjusted, truck is level and rides more firmly, much better. Doesn't lean as much around curves, either.

Thanks for the input.

-Derek
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I might go to the dealer to get mine checked too as my left front tire rubs the flare(ZR5 Flares) when I hit big dips in the road mostly when crossing bumpy intersections. It's only happened twice(both driver side), but I figure this should not happen in stock form anyway. Mine looks level so hopefully they will just raise the whole front end up(t-bar lift).

What I'm going to say is that the front looks much lower than the rear and it rubs in front, so hopefully they will raise it for me. Then, later down the line I can get bigger tires.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Probably...

Post by quickbiker »

Chevy probably take in to consideration the weight of the driver and that most times there is only the driver in the truck. I align my own truck, have my own tools for toe in/out, camber, caster. I always adjust the driver side a bit higher than the passanger to compesate. My tires wear perfect. Even with Jeeps being SFA, there are susp lift kits that come higher on the driver side.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]