s10 CC vrs Ranger 4x4

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

s10 CC vrs Ranger 4x4

Post by QnsRyche »

met up with my dad the other week......hes got a ranger xtra cab with 4.0 210hp w/4:11 we raced .... i came i saw i kicked his a$$ heheh

fyi i got 3:73 and only mod is 3" flowmaster single
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: I raced my wife today. She got a little jump on me and I had a real tough time catching up. I'd say she "waxed me". I might have just a little more in the top end...not sure.

BTW. She has a '93 Cavalier Convertable 3.1L V-6.

It is kinda comparing apples and oranges when you figure HP to weight ratios.

I haven't modded hers quite as much as my truck. But obviously , maybe?..a little too much already :!:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Dag nabbit, wish the s-10's would come with 4.10 option. GM makes it. I woulda got it. :?:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

yea i was drooling on that lol......... but man.,.... think if it did get the 4:11's lol

and his interior is really spartan.....and paid alot more!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i have heard from everyone so many times that in the s-10's you cant tell the difference between 4.10's and 3.73's....or its just barely noticable, thats why most folks go to 4.56 which is what paul needs to do if he goes to 33's
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:i have heard from everyone so many times that in the s-10's you cant tell the difference between 4.10's and 3.73's....or its just barely noticable, thats why most folks go to 4.56 which is what paul needs to do if he goes to 33's

Yea, but there's only one company that may have the 4.56's for the 7.25 front. And I hear is that the reason is that if used in the front is that it really makes it weak because of the very small pinion, which makes sense, and I don't want it any weaker. 4.10's would be the lowest I would want to go until I got SFA with a dana 44.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

QnsRyche wrote:yea i was drooling on that lol......... but man.,.... think if it did get the 4:11's lol

and his interior is really spartan.....and paid alot more!

hahahahaha :puke:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

a2b wrote:i have heard from everyone so many times that in the s-10's you cant tell the difference between 4.10's and 3.73's....or its just barely noticable, thats why most folks go to 4.56 which is what paul needs to do if he goes to 33's

My 1989 Trooper came with 4.77(stock is 4.56) The 2001 only has 4.30. :)

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:

Yea, but there's only one company that may have the 4.56's for the 7.25 front. And I hear is that the reason is that if used in the front is that it really makes it weak because of the very small pinion, which makes sense, and I don't want it any weaker. 4.10's would be the lowest I would want to go until I got SFA with a dana 44.

i have seen and offroaded with lots of zr2's with 4.56 and they have no problems. and thats rockcrawlin. regular non rockcrawlin off roading isnt near as hard on stuff like that. you should be fine :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Not sure if I even want to go with 4.56. I know when I had my stock 29's on with 3.73, the gearing was sweat, just right. It seems ok now with 31's. I checked out a few tire/ratio formualas, and it seems that if I got with 4.10's and 33's, my gearing will actually be just a tad lower than with 3.73 and stock 29's.

I am going to look into that 4.56 issue though or even if there is an issue like ya say. Thanks!

I know if I ever went with 35's and SFA then I will want 4.56
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i plan on 4.88's for my 35's
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\