P0300

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

P0300

Post by Justin »

I was looking at all my service records for the service engine light and found this one..

"C/S CK engine light is on and running hesitant. Found code po300 misfire detected. Unable to duplicate. Found PI# A001832 called tech assistant and opened case # 5291573 was told to order crank sensor shim pn#12565102 and shim crank sensor to increase airgap.

this service was never done to my truck because I had to leave immediately after this. Does anyone have any idea what those numbers are for.. I am desperate to get this problem fixed with my truck
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't really know what the numbers all refer to, but this is what I think it means:

The code for a misfire was recorded and the tech was unable to get it to do it again. He checked the data base for similar problems and found a document that had a similar problem, it recommended using a shim to increase the air gap for the crank position sensor.

Did you ever check to see if your cap was cracked?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

where should i look for the crack. It has been 5-10 degrees everyday as a high so I don't want to look under the hood for a long period of time (no garage where i go to school)

Thanx Brule
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is nearly impossible to see. Reach down and feel the distributor cap mounting base where the forward most cap retaining screw is threaded in.

Rub your finger across the bump where the self tapping screw is , it should be smooth. If you feel what might be a rough spot (kinda like a seam) it is more than likely cracked.

I'll run outside and take a pic.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Here is the pic:

It is nearly impossible to get my fat fingers in there. The easiest way may be to remove the cap or use a mirror to look for cracks.

You all most have to become "one" with the engine to get into a position to check it.

- ThunderII KE7CSK